Lol, Hard Reject. Are Reviewers Really Competent ?

That theory (10,000 hours) has been widely disproved these days. But still, so the german dance outfit ‘Scooter’… as they’ve been making music since 1993, are you saying that there are no groups or performers that are better than them, if they were formed from 1994 onwards?

And the 50 year old chef down the local greasy spoon, makes better food than any Michelin starred chef who is 49 or under? Steven Seagal is a better actor than Tom Hanks, Daniel Day-Lewis or Gary Oldman?

So you didn’t say that there should be, and I quote “No review process at all”?

Of course it’s normal for humans, but that doesn’t mean it’s automatically disrespectful for them not to provide feedback. A company isn’t disrespectful if they don’t provide feedback to every unsuccessful applicant, a celebrity isn’t disrespectful if they don’t reply personally to the thousands of contacts they get every month… it’s just not feasible. It may be simple, but it takes time. Probably more time than it takes to review the item itself. That means more reviewers and more money and probably longer review times.

Well three years isn’t exactly an ‘old-timer’, but still… yes, new people are vital. Nobody is stopping new people though. New ideas are vital as well. Nobody is stopping new ideas, they’re just evaluating the ideas and dismissing the ones which are unlikely to add value.

You’re still talking about the review team. How did the support team disrespect you?

Well you did say “If one person is disrespectful to you It automatically means that all company disrespectful to you until this person will be fired or will give an excuse and correct mistake that was done” so it does give the impression that you feel they should be fired, even if that’s not what you meant.

You need to think about why the reviewers are there. They are there to ask the question, 'is this good enough to be sold on envato’
They aren’t a critique service. If you want advice about making your work better, then there are people out there who will do that, but they will charge a lot of money to do that for you.
They aren’t a tutoring service, or a talent development service, it’s just to decide if the item is suitable for the site. There is no reason at all to think they should be giving you detailed feedback. Anyone who has tried working with more ‘high end’ agencies will know that envato one of the most accessible sites there is. Submitting to a high end company will probably involve a wait of months or more, and certainly there won’t be detailed feedback, perhaps not any reply at all.

Anyway I’m off to find my old Scooter CDs

2 Likes

Sorry, Bro, it’s not constructive.
Thank you for your thoughts, time and overall conversation!
I appreciate it.

And thanks to all who participated here.

1 Like

Might I recommend ‘The Logic Song’ as your first point of call? A breathtaking reimagining of the 1979 Supertramp classic, a miracle of modern day music production, and possibly the finest track on the seminal 2002 singles collection ‘Push the Beat for this Jam’.

sometimes a cover version can take a song to new heights the writer never dreamed of.

Thanks… but still i do not have any valid reason to reject this product…

turning this thread into a music recommendation list is really the most useful thing to do here.

DJ Bobo was great in the 90s

I guess the basic reason why people got “hard reject” is because reviewers laziness to write the reasons in “soft reject” It’s easier to reject :^)

Good point mate. I agree in 89,9344576 %.
But is it Respectful to Authors? This laziness. Envato works for us too. Not only Authors work on Envato but vise verse as well.
Authors are not fans and Envato is not a celebrity. Authors and Envato is a Huge team I think. But it seems like at this moment it’s not really true.
How could we improve this moment?

Thanks for your thoughts mate!

1 Like

I really like this, I’ve been looking at possibly buying something exactly like this, so let me know if/when it’s for sale somewhere, please!

If that were true, then surely it’s just as easy to approve the item, rather than hard reject it?

Hi mate. We can discuss it via email if you interested in.
Drop me a line.
mihailvasilev.post@gmail.com

Here is a Rejected territory: )