(LOGO) I'll brake that wall "Graphicriver", Do you hear me? I will!!!!

2 Likes

Dude your not only one here who struggle with it :frowning:

3 Likes

Honestly, isnĀ“t it on the authorĀ“s side to decide which designs he wants to sell?! The reviewer canĀ“t tell, if itĀ“s gonna be sold or not but like this you donĀ“t even get a chance! WhatĀ“s the problem about giving it a chance? How do they choose, I like, I donĀ“t like?

It could never work without some form of moderation for a number of reasons but ultimatelyā€¦

Making it a free-for-all with inevitably:
a) drag the standards down ruining envatoā€™s reputation, and resulting in poorer quality items for buyers
b) overcrowd the market so less chance of authors items to be found and subsequently lower sales.
Itā€™s a lose-lose for everyone

I know there are showcase type sites which have ā€˜for saleā€™ sections but these donā€™t handle the purchase etc. like envato does. Is there another (professional) marketplace that allows any item to be submitted and sold without moderation?

FYI, reviewers, are picked for their technical expertise and knowledge of the marketplaces and what will/ wonā€™t sell. There has to be someone, and this is clearly the best criteria to base it on.

2 Likes

Sure! But uploaded items doesnĀ“t have to be bad work even if they were rejected.

IĀ“d love to here your opinion on this: https://forums.envato.com/t/feedback-on-hard-rejected-design/172315

There are anchors out there on graphic river but they are different. And I got the feeling that it wasnĀ“t the kind of anchor the reviewer liked. ItĀ“s well organized and not worse than other anchors here

On other marketplaces I get positive feedback on my traditional style, I canĀ“t find a lot of this style hereā€¦ I donĀ“t want to sound huffy, I just like to get some feedback :wink:

I get the point but there will always be items that should get in, that donā€™t, and vice versa (thatā€™s not exclusive to envato).

I donā€™t have exact numbers but am pretty sure that submissions reach well into the tens of thousands a month (if not more) - it would self-destruct in weeks if there was no control. It seems that the relatively small % of questionable decisions is a small price to pay for the alternative.

I would still be keen to see another marketplace which does do this and understand how they manage it

I am not a designer so the wrong person to feedback on your item but I am not 100% sure what category that would fit, and I guess maybe providing multiple options/examples in terms of layout, colour etc. would help make it more suited to a stock marketplace.

1 Like

In this statement I just meant that Iā€™ll grow up with my logos, and Iā€™m sure that in the near future ā€œgraphicriverā€ 'll be able to approved my work for sell. After ā€œgraphicriverā€ rejected all my works I agreed that all these rejected items wasnā€™t quite good for approving and then I started improving it step by step, day by day. And by the way I totally agree with all these rejections, so part of me happy of that because it made my design-skills better.

3 Likes