Logo feedback

And the concept is…? For what industry business is this logo suitable?

For travel company whos name starts with ‘o’. There is sign of compass and letter o.

For me looks like heavy industry drilling / milling

it looks somehow like a compass too but if so I guess that there is a bad choice as far as typo goes …

hi to be honest I rather like it indeed, there are little flaws but the global thing is not bad in my opinion … I guess the weak points are that the logo can be redone rather quickly and this decreases a bit the commercial potential of this item. I tend to believe that, as such , the logo is sort of a bit too raw and pushing the envelope a bit would help to generate more relief and attention from people and would increase the potentially for the logo to sell, too. It would also create a bit more “wow effect”. Apart form this, the imbrication is definitely not great … both part look disconnected from each other “geographically” as the text is quite far from the illustration and there is a negative impact visually speaking. I would recommend u to add a tagline also so that the typo is “richer” and more elaborated and gives more impact to the whole logo in the end. u would be more likely to have more variations, more font combinations, some possible touches of originality and the logo would be taken to the next level globally. In my view if there is some harmony like this, the logo is a bit too bold for “tourist industry purposes” , this boldness is the very reason why @DesignSomething felt like the targeted purchasing base for this item is among heavy industry … turn the whole logo thinner and for sure this will be much more likely to be a logo addressing the tourism industry, no doubt …