(Locked) Why is AudioJungle in the prohibited list of audiosparx

AudioJungle turns to be in the prohibited list of audiosparx!!!

You can chek it here :
[link removed]

It seems like some online audio market war :slight_smile:

I hope these seller boys will start to respect our content more as they face such a competition :slight_smile:

Yeah…they say:

“The sites listed below sell music at a ridiculously low price that, in our opinion, devalues the industry and does a major disservice to creative music and sound effects producers. Consequently we do not wish to associate ourselves with artists that assist in this devaluation of the industry”

Translation: “Our sales are hurting and we don’t like competition. Please join our site where we will charge so much money that maybe you will have 1 sale a year and no exposure…lost in a sea of other musicians to never to be heard.”

The fact of the matter is that the MUSIC INDUSTRY has disrespected and devalued artists for decades, not the other way around…and so artists are forced to fight for exposure wherever they can get it - even if sometimes they may be underpaid, however I don’t think that’s the case here.

Every music marketplace has is niche…Audio Jungle though growing is still new to the game, and they have to start somewhere…they are not going to start charging $500 per track and start seeing growth. It takes time, and the right writers and buyers need to be attracted. They have to balance the wants of the authors and buyers as well which is not easy.

Let me say this (a general statement to anyone, not to you biala :slight_smile: …, and I don’t mean it to be rude, so I hope no one gets offended:

If you can’t sell a track on Audio Jungle for $16, do you really think you are going to get $1000’s for it? This is a very good testing ground to tell you whether you should pursue this type of work or not. If you are a good artist, the buyers will find you…it may take a little time, but if you are good they WILL find you!

There is also a difference between someone like Soundroll asking for a price increase and someone who has sold only a few tracks (and I am guilty of this myself)…When you have a proven track record of selling a lot of material you have the right to ask for increases in payment…that’s a legitimate request. That is why better selling authors get better percentages…and the perks will increase as the site continues to grow…they have to or they can’t retain the best authors.

But when you have sold only a handful of tracks and you haven’t shown the ability to sell your music at the current rate, why do people think continually increasing rates is the best idea? If we go too high to fast we will all lose. It has to be timed perfectly to growth to make good business sense.

Bottom line - Companies like this dislike Audio Jungle because they can’t compete and will eventually go bust under their current model.

• Just my thoughts on the matter :slight_smile:

I second all that timmcmorris said.
And just some food for thought… if AJ falls into the same category as iStockPhoto.com/audio (with an incredible Alexa rating of 224) I think the Envato team is doing a great job.

Off to make even better music so that it sells more … man, I am so hurt by that statement timmcmorris
(this is me acting sad over only 7 sales). lol :wink:

Actually, I’m quite excited over those 7 sales, don’t get me wrong! :slight_smile:

Great thoughts guys.
-John

Actually, I'm quite excited over those 7 sales, don't get me wrong! :)

Haha, for sure!! I mean, it was only 3 months ago I uploaded my first song…but you get what I mean…low number of sales can also mean someone is new or hasn’t had the opportunity for greater exposure…

What I mean is there are some people who have been around quite a while and they talk a lot about price increase, but after years of being here they have 2 tracks 3 sales, so their opinion kinda lacks the weight :wink:

These guys hopped up on their soapbox. Good for them. Now if AVDeli or one of those guys were saying that, I’d at least get where they’re coming from. The micro stock market is emerging and they are scared. Their prices are much higher, but who’s buying at that rate? They don’t have the sales numbers listed, probably because it wouldn’t look so good. That’s a shame that they’re calling out others though. Not cool. I also enjoy the google ads on their pages, how classy. :wink:

Actually, I'm quite excited over those 7 sales, don't get me wrong! :)

Haha, for sure!! I mean, it was only 3 months ago I uploaded my first song…but you get what I mean…low number of sales can also mean someone is new or hasn’t had the opportunity for greater exposure…

What I mean is there are some people who have been around quite a while and they talk a lot about price increase, but after years of being here they have 2 tracks 3 sales, so their opinion kinda lacks the weight :wink:

Totally understood. :slight_smile:

Ahahaha, Audiosparx…such funny guys. They “live” from the artists, just like any other stock music site. It’s ridiculous of them to even make such a “black list” in general.

Furthermore, just because they lack in marketing themselves (“we big ya know”), doesn’t mean others aren’t allowed to. Such behavior of them is pretty unprofessional. A site really not to consider putting your material on…

Not only because of that…

Timmcmorris also made some good points that I can only agree on.

Matt

@TimMcMorris:

+1
If you have a fresh orange paw, then this is probably a discussion left to folks with some more experience in the selling area. As for me, I think I’ll pipe down too. :wink:

Not directed at you or anyone in general biala. Doubt your paw will be orange much longer.

Just a question. Why is it possible that a composer is selling his music on audiojungle for 16$ under exclusive license and I can find the same music file on audiosparx for License A 45.95$ or
License B 136.95 $. I don´t understand.

Just a question. Why is it possible that a composer is selling his music on audiojungle for 16$ under exclusive license and I can find the same music file on audiosparx for License A 45.95$ or License B 136.95 $. I don´t understand.

Ahhh - that person you should write support about. Mostly people get away with it because AJ is unaware.

Just a question. Why is it possible that a composer is selling his music on audiojungle for 16$ under exclusive license and I can find the same music file on audiosparx for License A 45.95$ or License B 136.95 $. I don´t understand.

Please write to support so we can investigate further. Thanks for not mentioning the track/author in the forums, we appreciate it. :slight_smile:

a page like that only gives buyers like me a “shopping list” of competitors’ rf audio sites to go check out; cool… lol… I hadn’t heard of some of the sites on their list, now I’ll go and check 'em out. and in this economy, no way I’m paying more than $15 or so for a track anyways.

a page like that only gives buyers like me a "shopping list" of competitors' rf audio sites to go check out; cool.. lol... I hadn't heard of some of the sites on their list, now I'll go and check 'em out. and in this economy, no way I'm paying more than $15 or so for a track anyways.

:slight_smile: I hate to disapoint you, graphic4444, the prices there are higher than AJ

This make me think…

Maybe I should make my own marketplace where I pay people to use my music :superbashfulcute:

Hey guys!

Sorry to be the downer/party pooper but threads linking to competing marketplaces are not allowed per the rules as this isn’t the type of thing we’d like advertised on the forums. Thanks for understanding! :slight_smile: