(Locked) Visual Composer Licence Key

I want to activate the Visual Composer in the Legenda theme. I use the Envato user name, API key and the licence key as coming from My settings, Download section, but the template always says the licence key is invalid.
It was not activated before, everything is brand new for me. How can I activate the visual composer, what can be the problem?

Hi,

If you have Visual Composer with a theme which you’ve purchased from ThemeForest, then you don’t need to activate it.

This option is for users who have purchased this plugin individually. But if you can’t activate it AND you’ve purchased Visual Composer from CodeCanyon, please contact its author here:

http://codecanyon.net/item/visual-composer-page-builder-for-wordpress/242431/support

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Iman

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. I bought the Visual Composer with theme Legenda from ThemeForest. The template says "Please activate your copy of Visual Composer to receive automatic updates."
I tried the activation but it failed, so I cannot receive updates. So, how is it?

Flexibilis said

I bought the Visual Composer with theme Legenda from ThemeForest. The template says “Please activate your copy of Visual Composer to receive automatic updates.”

After updating Legenda to version 2.2 I got the same trouble with Visual Composer.

^ You should Contact with author of the legenda theme :slight_smile:

You cannot receive automatic updates with a bundled copy of Visual Composer. The licence key is for the theme you purchased, not Visual Composer.

As for that notice, It is a pain in the neck, Layer slider lets you dismiss it - Visual Composer doesn’t.

goofydadog said

You cannot receive automatic updates with a bundled copy of Visual Composer. The licence key is for the theme you purchased, not Visual Composer.

As for that notice, It is a pain in the neck, Layer slider lets you dismiss it - Visual Composer doesn’t.

The theme authors should be more clear that its not needed. I’ve seen a lot of people say its “failed” on here thinking they need it.

First off, this notice doesn’t affect your site in any way at all.

Anyway, there is a single line of code that theme authors can add to remove this notice from their themes. Just ask them to add it on the theme on their next update…

explora said

First off, this notice doesn’t affect your site in any way at all.

Anyway, there is a single line of code that theme authors can add to remove this notice from their themes. Just ask them to add it on the theme on their next update…

I wish I knew that code. I purchased a theme with Visual Composer that won’t update it saying “invalid license key”. So I also purchased the plugin itself and put the license key and now I find out it’s not working because it’s bundled. I feel like I’ve paid twice and still can’t update this software.

Updates can be important with database driven components for security.

I contacted the theme author they told me to buy it. So now I’m back where I started.

Bonjour,
J’ai acheté le thème NOUVEAU via ThemeForest et quand je veux activité la licence, je rentre les données (nom d’utilisateur, clé API et N° de licence) et ça ne fonctionne pas. J’ai toujours le message “clé de licence invalide” …
Si quelqu’un peut m’aider ?
Merci

Hi there

After you purchased that theme which include Visual Composer. You do not need to Active License Key and still use it normally. One license key only active for one Theme.

That theme you purchase have just active it by author. Do not take care about that notice message.

hello, j’ai le même problème avec le theme “creatika” et le plugin “visual composer” ; je n’ose pas acheter la mise à jour du plugin du coup… quelqu’un a trouvé l’info svp : La licence devrait-elle être comprise normalement ? Et si je dois dépenser de l’argent ? Cela fonctionnera ?
Merci !

https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=524337

dafigz said

hello, j’ai le même problème avec le theme “creatika” et le plugin “visual composer” ; je n’ose pas acheter la mise à jour du plugin du coup… quelqu’un a trouvé l’info svp : La licence devrait-elle être comprise normalement ? Et si je dois dépenser de l’argent ? Cela fonctionnera ?
Merci !

Salut ! Même soucis que vous, j’ai le visual composer dispo en back office mais pas en front et dans les paramaetres de VC il manque les onglets pour rentrer les licences, donc je pense qu’il faut en acheter une, car dans le dossier source du theme elle n’a pas l’air d’y être. Dites moi si je me trompe.
Bonne soirée !

Hi Themeforest,

I purchased Specular Theme.
Can you please share the Virtual composer License key??

Thanks
Byron Puxty

Byron2022 said

Hi Themeforest,

I purchased Specular Theme.
Can you please share the Virtual composer License key??

Thanks
Byron Puxty

Contact profile/author where you bought theme.

Hi Themeforest,

I purchased the Specular theme from you.
I now need the Virtual Composer License key. Please provide the same.

Thanks
Byron Puxty

If any premium plugin bundled with theme you DONT NEED to have key for this plugins. Just dismiss messages from plugins that ask you to input key for auto updates/etc. Theme authors WILL NOT provide you keys for plugins (and nobody will share code for you) because this code valid only for ONE DOMAIN. You don’t need to buy plugins separately. Themes already included latest suitable plugins (new version will be added in theme updates by theme authors and you can update plugin manualy). If you update plugin yourself this can break theme, because it does not tested for new plugin version compatibility yet because author does not included new plugin version to theme (wait for this, author will include new version when he make sure that it suitable for theme).
I does not know why most of all users does not understand this and always asking for keys. You bought only theme, not any plugins included, all of this plugins included by theme author free for you, but you will not get any keys for this plugins and you don’t need to use it, you can’t update this plugins yourself, you don’t bought it (and you DON’T NEED to update it yourself before author update it in new theme version).

If you purchased the CodeCanyon Visual Composer separately through Evanto Marketplaces you can find the license key by following the instructions on this page:
https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=524307

You’ll also need your User Name and API which can be found by following the instructions on this page:
https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=524301

Brenton40 said

If you purchased the CodeCanyon Visual Composer separately through Evanto Marketplaces you can find the license key by following the instructions on this page:
https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=524307

You’ll also need your User Name and API which can be found by following the instructions on this page:
https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=524301

Thank you very much guys!