(Locked) Slider Revolution- upgrade plugin

I received emails from my Hosting telling me “Revolution Premium Slider Plugin Has released a new verison 4.6.5 For Their plugin. A recent hack Has Been found in older versions of this plugin That Allows an attacker to download any file from your hosting account ,: such as the configuration file containing the database passwords …
Your account was found to have the Revolution Premium Slider Plugin. Due to the vulnerability Creates this to your website and our servers we strongly recommend That You upgrade this plugin to the most recent version 4.6.5.”

Now I have purchased the theme Dzen and currently I have the plugin updated to Version 4.3.3 and the theme automatically does not offer me the upgrade. How do I update the plugin to 4.6.5 without pay again Slider plugin revolution. And 'possible? I thank you for the possible answer.
Greetings dear

Hi there!

The theme author needs to do this, you should be fine on your version of SR as the security fix was made months ago though, the current versions are just feature and bug fixes

Regards

Hi!

Does that apply to X Theme too? I have a version 4.6.0 so should I expect that Theme.co would take care of the update?

Regards
Goran

GoranBrescanski said

Hi!

Does that apply to X Theme too? I have a version 4.6.0 so should I expect that Theme.co would take care of the update?

Regards
Goran

If the plugin was bundled with the theme then yes you would speak to the theme author to update the plugin, if you bought it from Themepunch then you can download it from your themeforest panel.

Gareth_Gillman said
GoranBrescanski said

Hi!

Regards
Goran

If the plugin was bundled with the theme then yes you would speak to the theme author to update the plugin, if you bought it from Themepunch then you can download it from your themeforest panel.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hello patriziogatti,

the news that popped up in the media recently have indeed caused a lot of scare and confusion.

Just to clarify, there is no new security vulnerability in revolution slider.
The articles on sucuri and similar sites are referring to the old exploit that was fixed back in february 2014 with version 4.2.

All revolution slider versions starting from 4.2 are secure.
We are already talking to various hosting companies that are enforcing the usage of the very latest version (4.6.5), which is unnecessary from a security perspective (thanks for pointing that our Gareth_Gillman).

Please make sure to read through our post on Facebook for additional information: https://www.facebook.com/themepunchofficial/photos/a.241115412711464.1073741828.241098529379819/386921181464219/?type=1

If you have additional questions, we are available via email, Facebook and twitter.

Best Regards, your team @ThemePunch

Sorry we meant to post as ThemePunch :slight_smile:

If you are looking for our social media info, you can find it in our profile or signature!

Cheers from your Team @ ThemePunch

Facebook      Twitter      Support

thanks, Themepunch, GoranBrescanski, Gareth_Gillman, damojo, for your suggestions

Ok, but the hosting writes - ** If the Revolution Premium Slider Plugin is not updated by 28 December 2014 we will be forced to disable the plugin in order to protect our servers from being blacklisted. **

So what to do? How can I still upgrade to 4.6.5. through the theme Dzen?

GREETINGS

Hi again,

please check our plugin’s description page for the following button:

If it is not there please contact our support staff at http://themepunch.ticksy.com

And could you tell us which hosting company got confused by the Sucuri article?

Thanks and Cheers from your Team @ ThemePunch

Facebook      Twitter      Support

ok thanks, I went to see the page of the plugin slider revolution, but I can not see where to download free although in Vs. picture me indicated .Perhaps wrong page? Do you have an exact link where I can download free?

L’hosting è Blue Host .

GREETINGS

@ ThemePunch there’s no free update button??
my plug in came with the theme

Same issue here. Very frustrating.