Locked out of my account after purchase!

How long did they take to respond to your complaint?

Ive sent 3 emails now about the same thing - no response!

i went through the whole checkout and account process, clicked submit and the next page and locked out of my account!
Very bad!

Tried to purchase a plugin and created an account as it was mandatory after giving all the needed information for purchase: ā€Sorry, it looks like youā€™re currently locked out of your account. Please contact Help Team for more details.ā€ Help Team tell they have up to 7 day queue!! Seven days!! Am I supposed to sit on my hands with a busy project for seven days?!

I did of course submit a ticketā€¦ and tried to create another account; result: Sorry, it looks like youā€™re currently locked out of your account. Please contact Help Team for more details.

Have to tell to the author to get another place to sell their plugins as locked accounts seem to be rule at Envato.

I have a same problem today. HELP!

Hey everyone! This is usually an issue with the payment gate, that creates an issue with accounts. Please contact Envato Help and they will get on this right away! Tickets like these are high priority.

Cheers!

how long do you mean by right away? itā€™s been 12 hours more or less since iā€™ve locked from my account after making purchase.

if itā€™s the problem with payment gate, how come it doesnā€™t get resolved already?

Itā€™s insane that Envato apparently does nothing to resolve this huge problem. I donā€™t understand the way software companies in the creative industry work now. Almost every major company we rely on for important tools for our business screws their customers and simply does not care. I worry that the current batch of younger people working for these companies are more interested in having a cool office with napping tents and ping pong tables than they are in creating a good product/service. Itā€™s a problem we see constantly now. It did not use to be this way.

my account has just been re enabled by Tom M,

for that iā€™m grateful, but iā€™m still upset at the beforehand matter.
also right now, my CC payment option are disabled and can only pay through paypal.
iā€™ve been wondering if they block account based on regional CC payment.

I have to lock this thread and ask you to please get in touch with support. Account issues and Payment Gate issues can only be resolved by them, anyone else here can only speculate, they have access to the raw data.

Cheers guys.