We've put up $8,000 in prize money for Envato's Most Wanted - Material Design on CodeCanyon.
We’re running an open-ended "Best Item" contest across CodeCanyon, where authors of items using Material Design submitted between January 23rd and March 13th will have a chance to win awesome cash prizes!
What You Can Win
The 5 Best Items Get $1,000 each!
Extra Bonus Prizes
We also have 2 Special Guest bonus prizes to hand out for this event:
$1,500 Bonus Prize: Special Guest #1 - The Envato UX design team
The Envato UX design team are going to award an additional prize to the item they choose as having the best use of Material Design. The winner picks up $1,500.
$1,500 Bonus Prize: Special Guest #2 - Matt Aussaguel
MaterialUp founder and curator Matt Aussaguel is going to award an additional prize to the item he chooses as having the best use of Material Design. The winner picks up $1,500 and will be featured on the MaterialUp blog.
MaterialUp curates the best of Material Design websites, apps and design prototypes. Get your daily dose of Material Design inspiration!
What Is Material Design?
Material Design is an interactive design language developed by Google. Using bold graphic interfaces it gives web pages and apps a cleaner and consistent look. The best place to start is to head over to where it all began: Google design guidelines
Tuts+ also has a number of great articles and tutorials to help you out further.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for just about any type of item on CodeCanyon that makes great use of Material Design.
Items must incorporate Material Design principles throughout the item, not just a single element here or there.
Movement with Meaning
Material design is big on motion that is purposeful and appropriate, serving to focus attention and maintain continuity. Feedback is subtle yet clear, and transitions are efficient yet coherent. No gratuitous or hacky animations please.
For more great examples and ideas, be sure to check out the material design showcase on MaterialUp.
It’s a Contest!
This Envato’s Most Wanted is a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read the in full!
Here are the key details:
- Submit your items on or after Friday, January 23rd and before the competition closes on Friday, March 13th at 23.59 AEST time.
- The winning files will get a share of $8,000.
- Envato staff to vote on "Best Item" prize winners.
- For items to be eligible, Material Design principles must be used throughout the item, not just a single element.
- Event is open to all CodeCanyon items.
- An author can enter as many items as they wish.
- An author can win multiple prizes but only for different items.
- An author can win a maximum of two (2) "Best Item" prizes.
- A single item can win a “Special Guest” bonus prize in addition to a “Best Item” prize
- All winners will receive the much-desired "Won a Most Wanted Contest" badge.
- All Winners will be added to a Material Design collection to be featured.
- Final eligibility on entries for prizes are determined by Envato staff.
- Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
- Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
We’ll announce the winners a week or two after the event closes, and send out the prizes two or three weeks after that. So, let’s get started. To be in the running, follow our procedure to the letter!
How to Submit Your Items
- Upload your items according to the normal upload instructions.
- Make sure your familiar with the relevant Submission Requirements
- Submit your items to the relevant category on CodeCanyon
- Tag your Items Material Design
What to Do After Your Items Are Approved
Once your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:
- Complete the Most Wanted Entry Agreement. By doing this, you agree to keep any winning entries online for a minimum of two years.
- Post your approved entries in this thread.
It’s as simple as that! Good luck!