(Locked) Envato's Most Wanted - $5,000 for Indie Rock Music (With Vocals & Lyrics)

THIS EVENT IS NOW OVER. WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Envato's Most Wanted

We've put up $5,000 in prize money for Envato's latest most wanted file type - Indie Rock Music on AudioJungle.

Indie Rock music is a fast growing and popular genre, and we know many of you in the community have felt it's deserved some special attention for some time now.  While Indie Rock music is certainly not new to the marketplace, we're excited to say that the Indie Rock subcategory is now officially live on AudioJungle! 

To celebrate, we’re running a “Best Item” contest where authors of all eligible Indie Rock items uploaded to the marketplace between April 30th and June 11th will have a chance to win awesome cash prizes.

What You Can Win

• $1,500: 1st Place Prize
  • $1,000: 2nd Place Prize
  • $750: 3rd Place Prize
  • $500: 4th Place Prize
  • $250: 5th Place Prize

Plus:

• $1,000 Bonus Prize for the song with the "Best Lyrics".
  • All winners will receive the much-desired "Won a Most Wanted Contest" badge.

This means that an Indie Rock track with killer vocals & lyrics has the opportunity to win up to $2,500 for a single song!

What We’re Looking For

We're looking for awesome Indie Rock music with vocals and lyrics.  What is indie rock exactly?  You could think of it like rock with a bit of extra attitude, experimentation, quirkiness, and more alternative style.

Music items must meet the following criteria to be eligible:

• Eligible songs must be 2 minutes or longer.
  • Eligible songs must have sung vocals & lyrics.
  • Eligible items must also include the instrumental version of the song.

Additionally please keep in mind our standard guidelines on submitting music with vocals & lyrics, including:

• All vocals/lyrics should be in English.
  • Native English accents only please.  Songs with noticeably poor grammar, diction, or intelligibility will not be accepted.
  • Songs with excessive or overly complex vocals deemed to significantly diminish commercial utility will not be accepted.
  • Lyrics must be included as text in the item description.

For the "Best Lyrics" bonus prize we'll further be considering things such as structure, rhyme and meter, narrative/story, catchiness, originality, and how well the lyrics fit with the music & melody.

It’s a Contest!

This Envato’s Most Wanted is a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read them in full.

Here are the key details:

• Upload your items to Envato Market on or after Thursday, April 30th and before the competition closes on Thursday, June 11th at 23.59 AEST time.
  • The winning files will get a share of $5,000.
  • All winners will receive the much-desired "Won a Most Wanted Contest" badge.
  • An author can enter as many items as they wish.
  • Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
  • An author can win a maximum of one (1) "Best Item" prize.
  • An author can win the "Bonus Prize" as well as a "Best Item" prize for the same item.
  • Eligible songs must be a minimum of 2 minutes in length.
  • Eligible songs must have sung vocals & lyrics.
  • Eligible items must also include the instrumental version of the song.
  • Final eligibility of entries is determined by Envato staff.
  • Envato staff to judge "Best Item" prize winners.
  • Envato & judges retain the right not to award “Best Item” or "Bonus" prize(s) at their sole discretion if they deem appropriate levels of skill have not been met.
  • Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
  • Only new items uploaded to the site within the contest time period are eligible.
  • The entry deadline is based on the date of the final submission/resubmission leading to the item's approval on Envato Market. Not the date of final approval.

We’ll announce the winners a few weeks after the event closes, and send out the prizes several weeks after that. So, let’s get started!

How to Enter Your Items

Note on recategorization of existing items:

As part of the subcategory launch, we’ve already recategorized an initial group of existing tracks from “Rock” into “Indie Rock”. If you have any other item(s) you feel also belong in “Indie Rock”, please let us know by filling out the form here, and we’ll move it over for you. Please note that existing AudioJungle items are not eligible for this Most Wanted event.

What to Do After Your Items Are Approved

Once your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:

And that's it. Good luck!

Please Read Full Terms & Conditions Here

Too bad I’m not into singing myself but good luck to the contestants!

Wow, very awesome! Looking forward to submitting to this one. Best of luck to everyone!

cool

Awesome!but Indie Rock is not my genre at all,good luck for everyone :smiley:

Too bad vocals and lyrics are required otherwise I would have loved to have entered a track :frowning: Singing is not exactly my forte… :smiley:

nice!

Massive thumbs up for the new Indie Rock sub category!!!

Great contest, but that thing with the vocals will steeply diminish most of our chances! Good luck to everyone, though!

Cool contest… Note to figure out how to write lyrics…

StudioMonkey said

nice!

No doubt you’ll do well at this one, StudioMonkey - your indie rock tracks are fantastic!

I wish I sing as well as produce music :slight_smile: Good luck to all! It would be interesting to see who wins

Good news!

Gonna be an awesome contest! :slight_smile:

This contest is going to be epic!

JamesVMusic said
StudioMonkey said

nice!

No doubt you’ll do well at this one, StudioMonkey - your indie rock tracks are fantastic!

thx, but i think sunchannel’s the one to watch!!

Awesome! :slight_smile:

Why vocals?

Exciting stuff! Can’t wait to get to work!

MetroMusic said

Why vocals?

+1