(Locked) Envato's Most Wanted - $5,000 for Ghost Themes

fillerspace said

Any idea of the price range for Ghost themes? They seem pretty minimalist (no admin backend, etc), so maybe just a little more than an HTML template?

I think these can be in the same range as Tumblr themes, because of “the hype” :slight_smile: TF will be the first with Ghost themes now.

I’m having a problem with demo of the theme because Ghost is still not available for Shared Hosting and i can’t afford VPS right now so what should I do, I have been developing the theme on localhost and its almost ready, please help me with this, other thing on my mind was that will the screen shots alone be sufficient as a demo of the theme.

naveensinghorg said

I’m having a problem with demo of the theme because Ghost is still not available for Shared Hosting and i can’t afford VPS right now so what should I do, I have been developing the theme on localhost and its almost ready, please help me with this, other thing on my mind was that will the screen shots alone be sufficient as a demo of the theme.

Digital Ocean offers VPS with just $5 per month and an “one-click” app to install Ghost.
Also they are offering a $10 promo code now, so you get the first two months for free.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thanks alot actually i saw this option but the website was down earlier this morning, any ways i believe its working now, will give it a try.

naveensinghorg said

Thanks alot actually i saw this option but the website was down earlier this morning, any ways i believe its working now, will give it a try.

Yes, we’re using Digital Ocean to run ours, $5 plan. You do need to know SSH though.

viktorhanacek said
fillerspace said

Any idea of the price range for Ghost themes? They seem pretty minimalist (no admin backend, etc), so maybe just a little more than an HTML template?

I think these can be in the same range as Tumblr themes, because of “the hype” :slight_smile: TF will be the first with Ghost themes now.

Good point! Thanks

Is it allowed to create custom sections in theme and then ask users /buyer to edit them manually…, Description on how to make the changes will be provided in theme documentation.

Since It’s impossible to create theme options page for now.

How much they’ll be priced at? e.g for a minimal theme

meanthemes said
naveensinghorg said

Yes, we’re using Digital Ocean to run ours, $5 plan. You do need to know SSH though.

Can you give me your link to check it out.

naveensinghorg said
meanthemes said
naveensinghorg said

Can you give me your link to check it out.

I don’t think we’re allowed to send links to our items unless its on the Item discussion forum, I’ve been told off for “self advertising” before. It does work though, honest :slight_smile:

meanthemes said

Or use WinSCP for a more visual interface and reduce the SSH commands to a bare minimum, like restarting Ghost.

I submitted a theme yesterday but it was rejected - first experience :slight_smile: But for now a Ghost theme is… just a list of posts - no complex menus, no pages, no plugins. It’s unclear for me why it was rejected (aesthetics reason) - my theme is clean, light and simple with parts of flat design.
I’ve fixed some issues and resubmit :slight_smile:

I think ThemeForest should design some kind of alert system based on logical parts:

• Docs (is something wrong with docs?)
  • Programming (is something wrong with HTML\CSS\JS - errors or something)
  • Design - general major (well... only redesign could help)
  • Design - general minor (well, that )
  • Design - elements (it's okay, just some elements look not good)
  • etc.

I know that reviewers are tough guys, but after rejecting it is like “What? Is it docs… no, is it Inline Preview? Maybe… design? Fonts… well, seems ok… what else? Code… well, formatting is ok, comments is ok”… don’t know where to start solving issues.

Anyway, Ghost is awesome - simple, light and very convenient. I like the Ghost way of creating a theme (after Wordpress, no offense), Plugins will be in JavaScript - neat!

Hi,

Did you create any custom sections in theme where users can make changes to? Like about me/us box, etc?

8protons said

I submitted a theme yesterday but it was rejected - first experience :slight_smile: But for now a Ghost theme is… just a list of posts - no complex menus, no pages, no plugins. It’s unclear for me why it was rejected (aesthetics reason) - my theme is clean, light and simple with parts of flat design.
I’ve fixed some issues and resubmit :slight_smile:

I think ThemeForest should design some kind of alert system based on logical parts:

• Docs (is something wrong with docs?)
  • Programming (is something wrong with HTML\CSS\JS - errors or something)
  • Design - general major (well... only redesign could help)
  • Design - general minor (well, that )
  • Design - elements (it's okay, just some elements look not good)
  • etc.

I know that reviewers are tough guys, but after rejecting it is like “What? Is it docs… no, is it Inline Preview? Maybe… design? Fonts… well, seems ok… what else? Code… well, formatting is ok, comments is ok”… don’t know where to start solving issues.

Anyway, Ghost is awesome - simple, light and very convenient. I like the Ghost way of creating a theme (after Wordpress, no offense), Plugins will be in JavaScript - neat!

Hey there :slight_smile: just sent a theme for you!

One question, is it allowed to use the default ghost theme (casper) as kind of a framework?

^ u mean changing/redesign casper theme?

not really, just use it as a starting point, probably there would be some lines here and there that would be the same, but overall it would be different.

Submitted a theme yesterday (http://juliet.owened.co.nz) but it’s stuck “waiting for review team” whatever that means. Here’s hoping!

Thanks Envato, it seems my theme ‘Venkman’ is the first Ghost theme on TF. I feel quite humbled.

http://themeforest.net/item/venkman-a-clean-modern-ghost-theme/5879275

cheers guys!

Thanks Envato and ThemeForest our first Ghost theme has just been approved too!

http://themeforest.net/item/nerdy-simple-and-responsive-ghost-theme/5877258

I have noticed though if you browse to the ghost themes directory without being logged in and without being an author that they do not show and the link above goes to a 404. When will the new themes be available for everyone to see?