Load/embed an html page into flash

I have been searching the internet and haven’t found any answers to this question from within the last 3 years, so I’m wondering if there has been any progress since then:

Can you load, or embed, an html page into flash?

I am using AS2, but will be moving to AS3 (hopefully) over the summer.

I want to basically load an html page like a frame into a full flash site - can this be done?

I dont think so as flash only supports limited amount of html tags

Well, it can be done, in theory, but you will need some custom AS3 classes to parse html page. Not a 5-minute job. Also, if i am not mistaken full html page can be loaded only into AIR application.

I posted a thread about this exact same topic recently. Unfortunately, Flash only supports basic html tags like text and image tags and even these have limited supported attributes and properties accessible for developers.

The ability to load tags like the frame, div, table and other tags are not available so it is practically impossible to load a full html page in Flash.

Perhaps in the near future, Adobe will release a new version of Flash with this support. Let us pray :slight_smile:

this is probably the closest you will get to mocking it…

http://activeden.net/item/flash-popup-as3/34326”:http://activeden.net/item/flash-popup-as3/34326

@MSFX

As i understand it is not a flash component which displays html page. Or i miss something? Imported html page is still typical html, it is not inside flash.

think link from msfx i think is AS3 flash 10 file that can load any html at any size on a Iframe above the flash. great for intigrating flash and html

think link from msfx i think is AS3 flash 10 file that can load any html at any size on a Iframe above the flash. great for intigrating flash and html

its flash 9 I think, dont think you need FP10 for that.

It uses js (i think) to reposition a div with html content over the top of the flash movie :slight_smile: so you html is not within flash but you can make it appear that way :wink: