Liscence question

Greetings all…am hoping someone can clarify this-
I joined Envato and pay for a monthly subscription. I joined Envato so I could access a cool font to use for my first indie film. When I went to download a font, the wording concerned me- one interpretation would be that I could only use my chosen font as long as I continue to pay a monthly fee to Envato. Is this correct?
For example with Pond5, I was able to purchase audio without so many strings. I purchased it and I can use it for my project, I don’t have ownership of the audio itself, but I have the right to use it on the project. Simple, effective, nicely done.
In theory, would I have to continue to pay Envato a monthly fee for the rest of my life in order to be allowed to use the font for my film?

My hope is that I misunderstood the wording, and as it’s now been about 3 months I’ve been paying a monthly fee to envato, I can choose a font to use for my film and not be tethered to monthly payments for eternity.

And if not, is there a way I can purchase the font for the project, independently from an ongoing monthly subscription? Contact the artist directly for example?

Cheers and thanks to anyone sharing who has the knowledge of how envato works

Hi @LucidLabLLC!

You don’t need to maintain a subscription in order to keep using the font in your project. The only expectation is that you were working on the project while subscribed; you then have an indefinite license to use the font in that project.

If you have any other questions, here’s a great FAQ that I like to reference – https://help.elements.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000629346-Envato-Elements-License-FAQ

Can I continue to use Envato Elements items in the project they were licensed for after my subscription expires?

Allowed.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

I would like to mention some additional important thing:

You have to be actively Subscribed to the platform(elements) when the project is going on and completed I.e you cannot stockpile items for future use and cancel the subscription.

• Register items each time you use them

Each time you download an item, you get an ongoing license for a single, specified use. Want to use an item again? No problem! Visit your downloads and simply register it again for a different end use.

Thanks for the info!

Yes, this is helpful! Thanks!

1 Like