Hi there - it maybe a simple question but one that is important I want to get right - don’t want to upset creators!

I have a meditation album I want to put backing music onto and sell. What is the licence I need when I purchase the music to be able to do this please?



The standard license is fine unless you plan on having more than 10 000 copies/downloads in which case, you’ll need the Mass Reproduction license.

Just remember that the music can’t be used as stand alone tracks, you will need voice-overs on top of it. Also, you have to make sure you (or your publisher) do not register the music with any audio fingerprinting systems, such as Youtube’s ContentID.

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Thank you for this! Really appreciate you taking the time to answer :slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like