License for a subdirecotry/subfolder website! How many?

Hi there, I just want to know whether I need to buy multiple licences (of the same theme) if I want to make a website that would use multiple subdirectory parts of the website. So I would like mysite.com to be the primary one and then make mysite.com/es/ and mysite.com/de/. Those would be translated using a paid plugin.

So, is one license for the theme enough or would I have to buy multiple - for each of the subdirectory sites I create? It will be a website of a single company offering services in 3 different countries.

Thanks

Hello @nabru12345

One license is enough if you only translate the website which in your case is the End Product. Here are the exact terms from Licenses FAQ:

What are allowed variations of a single application?

In addition to a series, allowed variations of an end product that are still considered a single application include:

• Translations - the same end product simply translated into a different language (e.g. alternate text or alternate voiceover)
  • Cut-downs - a shortened version of an end product where no new content has been added (e.g. a 15 second “teaser” version of a film trailer)
  • Tag changes - minor revisions to text or content (e.g. changing “Coming Soon” to “Now Showing”)

To be 100% sure,you can read more about licenses here:

Please note - if you are going to make any other changes on the other websites, you will need to purchase a separate license for each.

thank you for answering :grinning:

1 Like