Lengthening Comps (placeholder time) within template

I have recently started to work with AE and do this may be a very newbie question, but I have done tons of searches and cannot find a satisfactory answer… maybe someone out there can help… I sure hope so - this one has me stomped… so here we go: I purchased an AE template with 6 place holders… the whole final comp is 50 seconds.
I need to add videos to the placeholders each have different lengths ranging from 4 second to 1 min 44 seconds… 6 placeholders 6 clips. so how do I lengthen the sub-comps to fit my footage and then ultimately how do I lengthen the entire final comp? Also will I have to deal with lengthening cameras and effects? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sergio

That can be a tricky job for a beginner… Best thing is to contact the author behind that project file.

-m.

Hi Sergio,
You can increase the lenght of timeline of the comp in composition settings
Composition>Composition settings

So yes, you will have to go to all the comps and precomps and increase the lenght manualy. then adjust them in the time line as they will not shift but stay at the same start in timing. Like if the precomp starts in 00:50 it will stay that way just increase in the lenght. Adjust it to your needs in the main composition.

Don’t forget that there always are some keyframes like opacity and movement which also has to be changed manualy. It’s kind of boring job but I hope it is worth it :wink:

T.

If you’re newbie in after effects than it’s not possible. It’s easy to change composition and sub composition timing, BUT, if you have various camera movements and other stuff which requires a lot of keyframing, and changing that is difficult for a beginner.

Only experienced person can do that, but you’ll have to give away extra $$.

thank you guys for the quick replies… awesome… EFEKT_STUDIO I appreciate the realistic view, but I’m not going to just give up about some help instead of… newbie - no way!

lol

Sergio

truewind said

thank you guys for the quick replies… awesome… EFEKT_STUDIO I appreciate the realistic view, but I’m not going to just give up about some help instead of… newbie - no way!

lol

Sergio

Noo! :slight_smile: Didn’t mean to give up, just want you to prepare, so you know what to expect. :slight_smile: Good luck, and if you need, post more question’s here, we are all happy to help :slight_smile: