Launching Envato USA Inc

I think the current reaction to the IRS withholding taxes on the forums, would pale into insignificance if buyers had to pay author’s income taxes.

Still Waiting…

1 Like

I haven’t completed the form W8 yet. I have some sales in January. Buyers are from many countries, not only from United States. But the tax is levied on all sales in January.
Will my “lost money” return if I complete the form W8 now?

No. You might be able to offset it against tax owed in your own country, but it won’t be refunded through Envato… so best to complete the W8 asap.

Can i have 2 accounts with similar paypal and Tax ID information?

Having two accounts with different Paypal and tax ID might be a bit suspicious, so I’d say that having two with the same info wouldn’t be a problem!

And now do the math for non exclusive authors :wink:

Yea, that was it! Thanks, spacestock!

Too bad we have to pay taxes for envato’s earnings too.

Hi Muse_Master,

I work on the financial side of the product so will be focusing on increasing US customers and conversions through product changes such as more targeted payment methods. We have a whole separate growth team though that is planning (and already executing) a bunch of marketing and other initiatives to increase traffic and conversions across the board.

3 Likes

hi Alex, did sales in the marketplace really “boom” with this move to USA?

11 days later and I don’t see any difference, to be honest. US sales didn’t increased for me.

Only 16.6 % sales comes from US, in my case.

Thanks for the info i hope conversion will perform better than usual in the future.

Hello @htmgarcia! I’m not directly involved with this project so take this with a pinch of salt, but I strongly suspect that if there are going to be any changes at all, they’re going to take a while to materialize. This is an on-going project after all, and as some other staff members have posted in this thread, there are dedicated people and teams working in this area. I think we’re talking about progress over months and years rather than 11 days.

Be encouraged therefore that there are on-going, dedicated resources being given to this area but realistically, drastic or substantial changes/results are not going to appear overnight. :thumbsup:

4 Likes

@scottwills but if Envato will have tv ads in usa … maybe yes

1 Like

Hi @scottwills! I appreciate your comments :slight_smile:

Of course, nothing changes overnight. It took us (authors) almost 3 months to start paying more taxes… why increasing US sales shouldn’t change at least in the same amount of time?

Let’s be serious. I understand everything takes time, saying months sounds reasonable but years… mmm Really? I would think Envato already launched campaigns to target US people to make this happen sooner. If the staff in charge is waiting organic SEO make all the work… well, “years” is a correct assumption.

Just my two cents.

No worries at all, @htmgarcia, good conversation to have! I think the key element is what Adam has already previously posted:

“You won’t see that many changes in the public facing interface, but there is a lot under the covers.”

The wheels therefore are already in motion, but for the project to be fully realized, I feel it’s just going to take some time and should be given some time before anyone judges it as a success or failure. :thumbsup:

@sodasi_web I love the idea of Envato TV adverts! It’s always excited me that, as popular as (we might think) Envato is, there are still so many people and companies and industries out there who have yet to discover our treasure trove of creative websites and content. So much untapped potential and opportunity out there and the excitement of where, and how far Envato will take it, always fascinates me and motivates me to know what tomorrow may bring…

1 Like

Sales increase?? I’m selling less than other months!

1 Like

@scottwills @KingDog
Where is your US Office ? - Could you share some photos ? - Did you not opened yet ?

u are not the only one and the most “funny” thing is that same goes with US sales which were supposed to be boosted with the shift …

1 Like

Sale down after Envato move to US, and we have pay tax for Envato earing not only author earning. lol

1 Like