Launching Envato USA Inc

Currently the “Earnings” page is not reflecting the new tax deductions.

Can it please be updated to show just “Net Earnings”?

5 Likes

@Danga12 @andrewfreeman @natman

Any chance to simplify the Statements Page? One line per Sale?

Its really hard to see even one days sales if you have more than 5 sales / day.

####6 lines for one sale is too much. Where are the UX Experts?

~Surjith

2 Likes

Envato doesn’t care about authors anymore, they don’t care if they’re going to lose 1 or 1000 authors. they were “clear” this time. i have read in a previous post the CEO saying this:

However I understand that there will be some authors, affiliates and users who may find that this means that selling with Envato no longer makes sense. As always, it’s important for every user to weigh up their situation and consider what’s best for them.

that last line said it all, when i read it i feel like if Envato is telling me “whether you accept this new situation or go to hell”.

5 Likes

Yep, sadly that’s the truth. Collis was very clear in that sentence.

I hope they will find some balance to drive more non US traffic to non US authors. At the end USA is only 1 factor in this chain.

2 Likes

Took some inspiration from your plugin and tried to add statement merge to dashboard plus. It works but it completely breaks on the last line of the statement when a grouped transaction overflows to the next page. I need to pull in the complete CSV statement and render my own copy of the statement. Hopefully they do all this for us server side soon.

1 Like

The becoming an author page probably needs to mention taxes somewhere with a link to read more: http://themeforest.net/become_an_author

1 Like

I think that any inexperienced startup would do a better job than envato.
Ask yourself: “when did envato do something what authors needed?” They forgot that we are the part of envato company and we are then ones who earn money. It’s crazy that we don’t have a voice in this company.

2 Likes

That’s great…

I’ve disabled that feature in Better Envato Plugin for a while when support pack was released.

But @andrewfreeman promised to fix the statement page soon. So I was waiting that to happen.

Will hope so :slight_smile:

Today, it’s very complicated to calculate our real earning after all those taxes.
Before 1 Jan 2016, we could see this real numbers on “Earnings” page (without all this sht in statement page). But now (thank you Envato very much), “Earnings” page ignores US taxes, and all data that this page provides is absolutely wrong now.
It’s very annoying! What is a problem to make place free from this tax sh
t?

1 Like

Still Waiting For The Answer

1 Like

Hi DOGmotion, we are currently reviewing the Earnings page and hope to have some updates to share soon.

5 Likes

Isn’t that something that should have been thought out before January 1st? The amount of unpreparedness surrounding the Envato US launch is astonishing!

4 Likes

wow… just wow… :frowning:

1 Like

long live america!

1 Like

Congratulation envato… so does this mean that before 2016, envato have to pay taxes to the US for all of the US sales? and then you guys move to the US and now all non-US authors have to pay that taxes? clever move :). My country have no treaty with US…so off it goes 30%… :frowning:

1 Like

I’m sure I’m missing something, but can’t put my finger on it. Can someone help?
And why are we paying taxes for what Envato earns?

In my single opinion, final client ( buyer ) must pay the taxes instead author get $1 for $7 sale!
The solution could be as simple as to increase the item price for US buyers for example. Is not fair for authors working with this system.

Can someone explain why there are differences between the amount in my account and the one in the Net Earnings section?

Keep in mind it’s the last 30 days of earnings rather than this month, so if you’ve withdrawn anything or bought anything within the last 30 days, then the total amount would be different from your net earnings.