Launching Envato USA Inc

They declare all the time that authors should pay taxes (not only usa but all, in our countries too) from earning + author fees (80% of item price). So why should we pay taxes for author fee, if envato do it in Australia? I am 100% sure that they reduce their taxes doing those strange manipulations.

1 Like

Hi Purethemes, can you please email that question to support@author.envato.com?
Regards,
Adam

What is “US Backup withholding tax”? A user is seeing that extra discount in his statement.

2 Likes

What’s the benefit of all of this no one explains !

Probably envato just saves on taxes and maybe there will be more buyers for usa. But it will never compensate for what was before. Bottom line is this - authors will earn less. That is the “benefit”.

I am on leave for a few weeks now, @natman or one of my other colleagues will handles response in here in my absence. Thanks for your engagement and Happy New Year.

@natman It would be nice to get a reply about this, please.

@Danga12 Happy New Year! :slightly_smiling:

Details here: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/203071234-Tax-Information-Form-W-9-Requirements-for-US-Authors#backup

Basically if you see this it means your tax details might be incorrect. Contact Envato to submit correct details.

Thank you @dtbaker!

Hey dtbaker

Thanks for keeping this great extention up to date :slightly_smiling:

I made the following with Stylebot :sunglasses:

The code; http://pastie.org/10670344

1 Like

well that thing was far from being crystal to say the least … and besides, what we can all regret is that decisions have been made without co,silting anything at all with authors and afterwards there was not much assistance to say the least when it comes to dealing with some things that a lot of people had much trouble to complete …

man , just in case u did not get it, that’s the kind of system that we are living in … u put your money in the bank, u need to ask to withdraw it … part of the reason is that when u “do not use it”, some do for u, on’t worry and make small benefits out of thousands and customers and earn big, that’s only in the bank stage but on’t worry any big company will try to do they best to do something like that and make the money work, unlike what u / we all can do …

for buyers from usa, they are already a big base of all of us’ earnings, expecting more is speculating in my view, besides, when i take a look at personal sales this far, what can be seen is basically the dame proportion as before, maybe even less US sales … so this is option to develop an already very developed market is more than optimistic …

1 Like

maybe because nobody really knows … lol

Hi there, Alex here, I’m stepping in for Adam while he’s on leave and will be around for the next few days to monitor this thread and answer any new questions related to this particular release.

For general questions on Envato USA Inc. and US taxes, e.g., why tax is applied on the author’s total revenue, how affiliate income is treated, why Envato decided to expand to the US, what the process for claiming back tax credits is, etc., please check the blog post, help center articles (W-8 and W-9) and forum Q&A that were published as part of the original announcement. The blog post and help center articles provide a solid overview and the forum discussion contains lots of specific examples which should help you better understand your own situation.

Hi @AlexMcG
Are you Doing any marketing (advertising) to US People Online of Offline ?

1 Like

Finally I got one sale from US but its Very COnfusing - Where i can find how much i got after the withholding tax ?
In earnings page its showing the price with tax.

What about if our item is in partnership ? - how we share earnings ? - checking every sale and calculate the tax ?

Specially This is very bad for Partnership items. Please Add somewhere The Final Price which we got after tax deduction

2 Likes

I think the only way to see what we’ve actually earned is by looking at our balance on the top right. Maybe Envato could update the earnings page to include our earnings after tax?

Install Dashboard Plus and it will show you earnings per item. You can click on each item and change the 100% to something else like 50% and it take in that individual item percentage when calculating those earnings.

I believe there is another browser extension going around that tries to group the 4-6 statement rows into 1. Cannot remember its name though. Might try to add this feature to dashboard plus as well.

Got it Thanks for the tip :slight_smile: