Launching Envato USA Inc

htmgarcia just did!

Nobody was misled. People misled themselves by interpreting the announcement wrong. Not once did they say that on average, all authors would see an increase in sales. They didn’t infer it either. They didn’t even say that the marketplace would experience more sales as a whole… although they did say that was a possibility, and the potential for that was the main reason for the move. That may have happened, we don’t know, as Envato don’t publish their sales figures and performance metrics. And rightly so… it’s an open forum, so I’m sure they don’t want competitors knowing exactly what works and what doesn’t work.

You may not have experienced it, but were you mean to experience it? Did anybody say you were going to experience it? The announcement explained how it might generate more sales, which it may have done. Reduced sales for one, ten, a hundred… even a thousand authors, doesn’t mean they didn’t generate more sales in total.

The trough reason for moving to the US was somewhere else. Announcing a different meaning behind the move is misleading the audience. Do think logically, why would an internet company that as they say a platform for authors to sell their digital products move to the US to market those products easier?

Somehow I do not see any need for something like that for that reason.

Maybe I am wrong but then quite a big number of authors has that feeling and this is author powered platform and the products are not in their ownership hence it would be beneficial for bout sides that Envato was more transparent, in the end, the choices they make influence directly to a lot of lives.

Everything that we state is from our subjective view and relatively local statistics, if Envato should shed light on more detail statistics maybe things would shift to the more positive side, don’t you think?

On the other side, they open a whole bunch of features which empower control but bring chaos that serves them well financially. Prices go down sales go up we earn same or less they earn more and in all that time every question we ask we get a mild answer without any merit or none at all.

3 Likes

Moving to US was a bla-bla. The real reason is they earned too much and goverments wanted their share. Then they suddenly started to state the you are seller (authors) here not them and terribly sorry for misusing the word comission, but it wasn’t a real comission. And of course being the seller you should pay those taxes. Every “developments” in the last 2 years was to make Envato much more money. Every communication is just a bla-bla. ADP is great tool? Not really. Envato get fixed amount of each sele and really doesn’t care about the price. New “authors” with copycats and stolen stuffs and “fast-food” VC addons have nothing to lose. They sell their stuffs for cents. This also hurts well established authors too. Everyone loses here except Envato.

Maybe there will be some consolidation next year when buyers realize they should only buy from trusted authors and not the price will be the key factor.

11 Likes

Word. That is exactly how it is and why all those changes were done. The one and only reason hidden behind pretty words.

1 Like

Guys, just ignore everything, nothing will change.
The biggest problem here is that there is no big-sized competitors, that’s why Envato doesn’t care about authors opinion, they know if you have stuff for sale, you will do it here, otherwise you won’t succeed. Since there’s no any investments for new authors, earning can be considered as easy money here. We can’t do anything here, this market is arrogant and greedy and that’s absolutely normal nowadays.

4 Likes

True.

Why we keep going in circles about this topic? Personally, because I would like to read some honest answers from Envato, not just bla-bla like @Granth says

1 Like

Hey fellas, your argument doesn’t makes anything changes… The sales are getting low because of envato getting more new author recently. And that means you’ve got “a lot” of rival on the market. The only way to increasing your sales is just make the same high or higher quality item than your rival ( rather than arguing for nothing :smiley: )

You tell 'em dude!

Hi AnarchyPuppyStudios,

I think you are new here :sweat_smile: This conversation is about the changes in the last 2 years, not just recently.

Well i did joined the club since they haven’t move to USA buddy… But well, good luck with that :wink:

Good luck for you too! :sweat_smile: (we’re in the same boat)

It’s what I’ve been doing for the past 7 years - creating more content, trying to always push my own boundaries in quality (technial and idea-wise). I believe I’ve succeeded most of the time.
However, that doesn’t mean anything in this case. The thing is - I’m still getting the same number of sales. But the same number of sales equals 30% less money, which equals to hundreds of dollars less in my “pocket” per month. Why? Because of Envato’s dubious business strategy.

I’m from country on the European continent, selling online goods on portal owned by an Australian company and paying 30% taxes to the USA. And still no obvious benefit of this awkward arrangement. Sigh…

No, i mean good luck with arguing that… :smile:

If you didn’t like the system why not try another marketplace pal?

Hi man,
may you show me a reasonable argument in favor of authors about paying taxes to a country where they don’t live? Do you think is fair?

Regards

No you won’t… But its make a sense when you selling products or services there… Do you think that apple didn’t pay taxes in other to selling iphone in your country? Thats the bussiness game man…

But Envato doesn’t have a branch in your country, right? And do you really think that we, authors, are actually sellers? Not Envato? Despite what Envato says.

1 Like

Actuall no. Apple sels his net price and resseler charges onwards and gets taxed.

1 Like

We’re selling digital stuff here! Apple mainly sells physical products (in many countries through resellers). That’s way too different!

lol - I can’t believe you compare Apple with Envato :smile: