Launching Envato USA Inc

Hopefully in the US they have a better experience than me.

Your support is woeful

Booooooooo

Question: why the statement still works with the Australian calendar, instead of USA time?

Because the statements are based on Australia time.

Hey @SpaceStockFootage,
thanks for jumping into discussion!

Of course they are, I was asking for detailed explanation. Statements are based in Australia but taxes comes from USA? A better organization in the marketplace would be nice once in a while :slightly_smiling:

According to my calculation the USA sales from December were 20% of my total sales, this month itā€™s 25%, according to Google Analytic, thereā€™s a 17% increase in visitors from USA, and 21% increase in Revenue, although the data here doesnā€™t match exactly with info from statementer. Will see how it goes later in the year

Not too sure why. If I had to guess, although theyā€™re set up in the US, the company is still (as far as I know) physically located in Australia, so they want to keep the time aligned with their time. However, I have to assume that US times are taken into account when tax reporting, so that sales on the 31st of December arenā€™t incorrectly reported as being on the 1st of January, for example.

Too many unnecessary complications.

Anyone can answer this ?

1 Like

I am not sure that they really need to have some physical office in USA like they have in Australiaā€¦

@Danga12 So is there an Envato HQ in the states or are you guys still all distributed?

Hello @Muse_Master, there is no official physical Envato US office to speak of at this time. Perhaps there will be an office one day, Iā€™m not sure. If a US office does appear in the future Iā€™m sure it will be awesome and Envato will share more info about it.

I think there are about 100 people around the world and outside of Melbourne HQ that currently work for Envato as remote/distributed teams, all from personal locations such as homes, offices, coffee shops and disused underground nuclear bunkers (which are awesome for quiet, contemplative solitude and getting things done.) :wink:

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

yes and for many guys this is the other way around, mine have basically dropped from 65-70 to around 50-53 ā€¦

this is the crazy world wide world that we are living in lol

1 Like

That true, you donā€™t need a physical presence in the USA you can incorporate a US Corporation from outside the USA.

In short you need a registered agent in the US who do the paperwork for you (bank account, IRS, ā€¦). There are also services for this job (approx. $150 per year).

If everything goes fine you can say, these employees here in room 102 at my headquarter in Berlin working for my subsidary in the USA. :slight_smile:

If you need somethink like US telephone, fax, email, call center, no problem just open a virtual office in the USA. Again there are services for this ($100-300 per year), ā€¦google ā€œvirtual office usaā€

Hi @surjithctly, I canā€™t commit on timing at this stage, but we know we need to simplify the statements page and we have a UX person working on it.

1 Like

@dtbaker sorry for the late reply I have been on leave. I have passed this request on to the help team.
thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

@contempoinc, HQ is still in Melbourne. :slight_smile:

Hi @dtbaker - Adam just directed me to this commentā€¦ we have already added a reference to tax forms in the Author Signup email, received by Market users when they first Become an Author.

We recognise that it also needs to be added to the Become an Author page, but this is currently undergoing a broader review to make sure we have covered all the important aspects of becoming an author. No timings yet but I hope to have some more news soon. Any changes will of course reference the tax form requirements.

1 Like

If CAnada have 0 deduction on US that means that Envato will take full 30% from you. In case your country DOES have some deduction % then it would be 30%-[yourcountry-rate]% BUT you would still need to pay [yourcountry-rate]% in your local country.

Unless you hide it from your country tax services, which is not advisable, I guess.

Not quite. As Canada has a 0% deduction, it means that Envato wonā€™t withhold anything from you. However, to benefit from that, you need to enter a valid tax ID on the W8 form. If GMScreech is getting 30% withheld on US sales only, then it sounds like heā€™s filled in the W8, but not included a tax ID number.