Latest firefox bug with css scale transform + opacity transition

We stumbled upon this while testing a simple CSS scale transition for a new item: worked as expected with all major browsers but epic fail with Firefox. (image jumping to another position)

After a medium-to-long wtf-ing session, we were able to create a test case on jsfiddle and conclude this is a browser bug, here’s the test link:

http://jsfiddle.net/jQ3fs/10/

Please check and post here if the bug is happening for you as well + your Firefox version as we’d like to file a bug report with Mozilla for this issue.

Yes, looks like a bug, I’m with win7 and firefox 10.0.2

same here win7, firefox 10.0.2

Same thing on OS X, 10.0.2

It seems that it starts working properly when you add background to img element. Or by changing scale on hover a bit - scale(0.80001).

Looks like a bug, yes. I found one in Firefox myself while developing an item, it triggers the transitions on mouse over, while they should only be triggered on :target.

Same for me, W7 - FF 10.0.2

I also found one bug in FF yesterday. When i refresh the page (F5) it always displays the same income on top right. No increment at all.

revaxarts said

same here win7, firefox 10.0.2

idem, +1

Semenov said

It seems that it starts working properly when you add background to img element

yep, found out the same workaround

background-color: rgba(255,255,255,.01);
seems to work http://jsfiddle.net/jQ3fs/27/

edit:

adding a border seems to fix as well

pezflash said

I also found one bug in FF yesterday. When i refresh the page (F5) it always displays the same income on top right. No increment at all.

mmm ... i suspect that to be a crossbrowser bug :P

BF

pixelentity said
pezflash said

BF

Nope, only in browsers that dont support html5 :smiley:

Oh, man, this kind of bugs can drive you coconuts. Stupid bug, stupid fix. Seems legit :slight_smile:

Works fine in FF 9.0.1 on win7

Tean said
pixelentity said
pezflash said

BF

Nope, only in browsers that dont support html5 :smiley:

Especially if all of your items located in AD :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes this is definitely a bug. Testing this in Firefox 10.0.2 on OSX Snow Leopard.

I also have found another bug in Firefox for Windows (maybe only Windows 7), and that is Canvas shadows do not work there. The shadows show up fine in Firefox for Mac.