Just an idea...

Hi all,

It’s been on my mind for a while that the Featured Author section of the front page is currently in a very strange position. Countless authors have noted in the past that by being so low on the page, the exposure offered by this otherwise sought-after opportunity is minimal, and disappointing compared to the appropriately-placed Featured Item bar.

So I decided to put my mad Photoshop skills to use and propose something like this:

What do you guys think? Any staff opinions?

8 Likes

Not a bad idea!

Yeah! I think it the excellent idea, as very few people notice the featured author

Thanks for the good looking mock up, it definitely gives more prominence to the featured author!
We want to do a lot with this page in the future, but have no plans to share at this stage.

Cheers
Trent

4 Likes

Thats a great idea :slight_smile:

Looks great. Now make me featured!

This will place instantly 3 items of the feature author in popular items.
Until now all the exposure was for feature items. This will be a big deal
Maybe envato can split the screen of the feature items and author and place them vertical

This leaves an empty slot in the bottom for something else

Very cool idea! :+1:

Nice idea and illustration James! Per WolfSound’s observation, it may be necessary to reduce the number of track icons for the Featured Author so to not steal some of the value from the featured tracks. And by your illustration, are you predicting the outcome of this week’s featured track choice? :wink:

Agreed. Perhaps just a link to the author’s profile or portfolio page would be more appropriate.

I remain an optimist :smile: though I would hardly deserve it…

1 Like

Great idea… :slight_smile:

Haha I don’t think a feature track will help you on sales. You are already killing it with this track

1 Like

Very Cool idea !))):grinning:

+1 Very Cool idea! The idea for AudioJungle?))))

I was mainly thinking about AJ, but it could work for all marketplaces. :slight_smile:

I wish you a lot of sales despite all the changes.

Great idea!I am for it!

+1 very nice idea!

1 Like

Nice Idea! :+1:

It’s good idea)