JS plugin got rejected by mistake?

Hi

I am the new author on envato market and submitted JavaScript plugin on CodeCanyon 2 days ago and it’s got rejected. I got the Email from envato market says:

Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “X4 Crypto Prices for JavaScript” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

We appreciate the effort and time you’ve put into creating your item. And we’d be happy to help make sure your next entry will meet our submission requirements.

But there is no comment from Envato Quality team reviewer. I read some similar topics on that forum about rejecting, all of them contains some comment from reviewer. So I can’t even mind what is wrong with my plugin.

I have put so much effort and time for making the plugin look perfect. Here is the demo URL http://cryptoprices.x4wp.com (try to click on any coin in the table to see the historical data on the chart)

Please look at the source code of the demo page, it has about 100 different customization options, all of them are commented, moreover all of them are described in more details in the documentation that is included into the main ZIP archive.

Here is the similiar javascript plugin that was accepted yesterday, but it has much less functionality (see the source code of the demo page) and ugly graphic design compared to my plugin. [Mod - Removed. Please don’t call out authors or items in the forums]

My plugin has a lot of customizations that the accepted plugin above doesn’t have, such as excluding coins from a table, showing only specific list of coins, selecting the columns and order of columns to display, advanced price formatting, theme colors customization, selecting default sorting, selecting property to display on the chart etc.

Ultimately, my plugin allows to put several different widgets on the same page, but the accepted plugin above allows to put only one widget on the page.

Can anyone help me what was the reason for rejection, please?

1 Like

It’s not an area I know much about but:

• there’s no guarantee of feedback if the reviewer thinks it’s too far from being beneficial

• again I don’t know much about this type of item but that other one is at least mobile responsive which, with respect it seems that yours may not be?

there’s no guarantee of feedback if the reviewer thinks it’s too far from being beneficial

So how the author should understand what is wrong with the plugin? I spent a lot of time to make it the best plugin in the JavaScript section. I found only one plugin the was rejected with the same comment from the reviever and it was rejected by mistake and accepted after that WordPress plugin got rejected I think my item was rejected by mistake too.

again I don’t know much about this type of item but that other one is at least mobile responsive which, with respect it seems that yours may not be?

My plugin is mobile responsive too, I spent a lot of time to make it look perfect for tablets and mobiles at the same time.

Again I don’t have the technical skills to comment on it but “by mistake” rejections are pretty rare and usually the opinion of the author.

It is actually very sensible not to give feedback of an item is of a certain level as this only happens when the reviewer feels it may actually serve to confuse more than help.

With respect it’s not functioning properly for mobile. maybe the details need checking?

So how I should understand what is wrong with my plugin? I spent a lot of time to make it the best one in the JavaScript section. I need to know what to change to make it approved, I can’t do nothing, it’s my baby.

Why do you think it’s not functioning properly for mobile? This is how the table should look on the mobile by default, nothing wrong, all controls above the table is modified properly, the user have the ability to swipe the table, it’s normal behavior of material desing table. Many other similar plugins looks similar on the mobile.

I’m the wrong person to give advice on this type of item but generally speaking with submissions:

• it definitely looks like the demo execution could be improved to show more features and functionality or options if they exist.

• comparing to other items is pointless and almost always will create confusion or frustration

• in what is a pretty basic item visually, attention to detail is important eg icons and drop downs for currency etc at the top don’t align on mobile, if the table was mobile optimised then users wouldn’t have to swipe the screen right to see all the info for each line etc.

I get it’s frustrating when your items are rejected but all you can do is to look for ways/features to add and improve it

Why reviewer couldn’t just say to modify mobile view if he don’t like it?

I spent more than 1 month working 12 hours per day burning this baby, but reviewer didn’t say any reason of rejection, so I feel that I spent all that time in vain, and I don’t know what is the reason, I don’t know what to modify to been accepted, I don’t know if I modify the mobile view my plugin will be accepted.

The reason for rejection is that you are working with cryptocurrencies. They removed all plugins related to crypto. That move literally ruined my business that I was developing for months.