Javascript not working on a page

Hey guys, I am working on anew template and for some strange reason, the javascript is not working on this page. It works on the home page but that portfolio page. I made sure everything is loaded from google api library. I check ed of jquery was loaded on the page using jquerify. I made sure all links were good. But nothing seems to work. Can anyone please be of some help if they know what’s causing this problem.

I’d be happy to help. Without actually taking a look at the code I’m not really sure. Are you getting any error popup messages? Because that happens if the API code you are using is not registered for that particular page. Try renewing your Google API key. Maybe that’ll do the trick. Good luck!

I'd be happy to help. Without actually taking a look at the code I'm not really sure. Are you getting any error popup messages? Because that happens if the API code you are using is not registered for that particular page. Try renewing your Google API key. Maybe that'll do the trick. Good luck!

nope that didn’t work and also i downloaded jquery directly and placed it in the files and still nothing.
I dono :frowning:

The problem is on line 157, you have a syntax error. Fix it.

Can you give us something to work with please? A link would be best, some code at minimum. That way we can try to help you out :slight_smile:

The problem is on line 157, you have a syntax error. Fix it.

Can you give us something to work with please? A link would be best, some code at minimum. That way we can try to help you out :slight_smile:

lol sure lemme upload it

*Edit: this is it, only portfolio page.

Orion

I have prettyPhoto lightbox plugin there. I have enable both in the page itself as javascript at bottom of page and in the custom.js file. I have attached the plugin to be working on the first image, If you click the center link which says view images, it should be popping up with a lightbox but see what happens.

Firebug brings up an undefined function, I think the code below should work as I got it working on my local server:

$("#slides").prettyPhoto({
 animation: { type: "fade",
 interval: 2500,
 speed: 700 },
 navigator: { item: { width: "64px", height: "48px" },
 showMiniature: true,
 autoHide: true }
 }); 

Firebug brings up an undefined function, I think the code below should work as I got it working on my local server:

}); 

I think you got the code mixed up. it’s not the slides i want, the mage link to make a bigger viewing of the image in the portfolio page., thats slides id if for the front page.

}); 

I think you got the code mixed up. it’s not the slides i want, the mage link to make a bigger viewing of the image in the portfolio page., thats slides id if for the front page.

I understand, have you tried that yet? You were calling an undefined function before, so your code for the images was never getting called. I think fixing the above will fix your issue. Just try it and let me know :)

}); 

I understand, have you tried that yet? You were calling an undefined function before, so your code for the images was never getting called. I think fixing the above will fix your issue. Just try it and let me know :)

Yea I’ve tried it but nothing.
I know what you’re getting at but the top set of javascript at the top of the custom.js file, that controls a slider on the front page(index.html) and that has a function of showcase with the container id being slides.

the portfolio, has the prettyPhoto plugin there with a rel=“prettyPhoto” oon the view images anchor tags with it leading to a bigger image. That’s supposed to be affected by the prettyphoto plugin.

thanks for your help in this process.

Figured I should clarify what I mean. If you use firebug, check the console log, and you will find an error for an undefined function of showcase.

Now, since that gets called before your prettyPhoto function, that code is never run and thus it is not working. Try this to see what I mean, just comment out the first function:

// JavaScript Document
$(function(){

/*$("#slides").showcase({ 
	});*/

$("a[rel^='prettyPhoto']").prettyPhoto({
			animationSpeed: 'normal', /* fast/slow/normal */
			padding: 40, /* padding for each side of the picture */
			opacity: 0.75, /* Value betwee 0 and 1 */
			showTitle: true, /* true/false */
			allowresize: true, /* true/false */
			counter_separator_label: ' of ', /* The separator for the gallery counter 1 "of" 2 */
			theme: 'light_rounded' /* light_rounded / dark_rounded / light_square / dark_square */
		});

});

I downloaded your files, commented out the undefined function and it works as expected for me. So figure out what the deal is with the first function and your good :slight_smile:

Figured I should clarify what I mean. If you use firebug, check the console log, and you will find an error for an undefined function of showcase.

Now, since that gets called before your prettyPhoto function, that code is never run and thus it is not working. Try this to see what I mean, just comment out the first function:

// JavaScript Document
$(function(){

/*$("#slides").showcase({ 
	});*/

$("a[rel^='prettyPhoto']").prettyPhoto({
			animationSpeed: 'normal', /* fast/slow/normal */
			padding: 40, /* padding for each side of the picture */
			opacity: 0.75, /* Value betwee 0 and 1 */
			showTitle: true, /* true/false */
			allowresize: true, /* true/false */
			counter_separator_label: ' of ', /* The separator for the gallery counter 1 "of" 2 */
			theme: 'light_rounded' /* light_rounded / dark_rounded / light_square / dark_square */
		});

});

I downloaded your files, commented out the undefined function and it works as expected for me. So figure out what the deal is with the first function and your good :slight_smile:

ok thanks alot Drew, it’s working now, I’ll have to sort out that script.

I am also having issues with my homepage getting errors. I only see them in IE however. The error is object doesnt support this property or method. I am using the NextElement Theme. Any help would be great.

The line where I currently get the error is.

/* PRETTYPHOTO ACTIVATION /
$(“a[rel^=‘prettyPhoto’]”).prettyPhoto();
/
TOGGLE */

I bought the NextElement on 28 July from you. On 15 August it was put up on eletszerviz.hu but the dynamic elements don’t work on it and under the big picture the small ones don’t appear neither does it change the uploaded pictures.
So I’ve written about this problem on http://pandathemes.com/get-in-touch/ however I’ve received no reply up to this day, although I wrote again two days later to the comments on http://pandathemes.com/release-nextelement/ then the next day on the support page sent a notification.
Please help me solve this problem because I’ve chosen specifically this page because I need these elements.
Regards,
Zsuzsa

to everyone that have problems with prettyPhoto…

i know this post is over 6 months now… but the solution for that is that on the theme, the default location of the prettyPhoto script is at the bottom (footer.php)… transfer it to the header.php

transfer everything related to prettyPhoto including the prettyPhoto.js file.

hope that helps.

iKarina no longer exists and, as far as I can tell there is no one manning the wheel at Panda Themes.

I’m trying to gain access to the support forum and have been ever since purchasing intelligible over a week ago. I’ve tweeted Panda Themes, contacted iKarina through themeforest (iKarina’s profile has since disappeared) contacted Panda Themes through their contact page, and contacted Panda Themes through their themeforest profile but have received no response.

I would like access to the Panda Themes support forum… that is all. Can anyone help?