Izotope Ozone 6 users?

Hey guys, so I recently started using Ozone 6. I was going through some of the presets when I realized that most of them were not even working! When I click on the preset it gives me a message that says "Invalid params version, 2

Only about 7 or 8 presets actually work! I really rely on Mastering presets as a foundation so do any of you know how to fix this? I’m in desperate need of help!

Hey Matthew,

How about stand alone mode? Same problem?

I use Ozone 6. I’d do a complete uninstall / re-install. Just make sure to say a copy of any custom presets somewhere.

Oh, after the re-install make sure to restart your cpu before opening again. My suggestion :slight_smile:

Hey thanks a lot Tim, I will give that a try to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps. Hoping that will fix it. I’m in the process of learning how to use it more deeply. Its kind of a beast when you don’t know that much about mastering lol I’m doing my best!

It took me so long to get comfortable using Ozone 5, that I’ve avoided switching to 6 for months now. I have both installed side by side, yet I never touch 6.

Gotta get my courage up. lol

Hope you get the preset issue sorted out – I’m using 5, and haven’t had a single issue since installation. While I can’t comment on issues with 6, a re-install as Tim said is probably a good first shot.

For anyone who has used 5 and made the upgrade to 6 (regular, not advanced) – do you feel it’s worth it? I’ve got 5 and love it, but haven’t pulled the trigger on the upgrade. It looks to me like mostly a reskinning. The really awesome new features seem to be exclusive to the advanced version. Any thoughts?

I have upgraded to Ozone 6 and not had any problems. I really like the sound of Ozone 6. It’s hard to tell how different it sounds than 5 but I feel like it is a bit warmer and smoother on the top end. I also like the presets quite a bit more. Most of the presets in 5 were too much and unusable but the ones in 6 are much more usable and not over the top.

For anyone who has used 5 and made the upgrade to 6 (regular, not advanced) -- do you feel it's worth it? I've got 5 and love it, but haven't pulled the trigger on the upgrade. It looks to me like mostly a reskinning. The really awesome new features seem to be exclusive to the advanced version. Any thoughts?

The things that sold me were:

1.) Stand alone mode
2.) The new dynamic equalizer (but only in advanced).

By far however,

3.) The auto gain compensation when bypassing the modules. Gone are the days of your treated audio sounding (obviously) better because its louder with Ozone on. If you don’t understand what I mean, there is a little ear icon that you can activate that will make your bypassed signal as loud as your mastered signal so your ears can hear what the other modules are doing. Other wise when you bypass back and forth you are always going to prefer the non-bypassed version simply because it’s louder. So, now you can actually hear with precision how the changes you make are affecting your audio. You hit bypass and there is no change in volume at all. Love it.

Honestly, you could easily still make great sounding masters with Ozone 5, but I have noticed that the improvements have been making my test tracks better, as there are simply more tools at your disposal.

Another great thing is you can now add third party plug-ins into the chain.

Hi, Matthew! Do you have Ozone regular or advanced? Could it be that the presets not working rely on you having advanced? Both versions got installed on my computer when I bought the regular and I had to remove the advanced manually. I don’t think I have used the presets so don’t know if I have this problem.

Oooh! I had no idea 6 was out. I’ve been rolling with 5 for so long. Love this plugin to bits by the way. I started on it with ozone 3 and I’ve not looked back :slight_smile:

Not sure what’s going on with your presets tho, I made a basic preset for myself years ago and I tweak that for each session

Such a fantastic tool ! Totally agree with Tim !

TimMcMorris said

3.) The auto gain compensation when bypassing the modules. Gone are the days of your treated audio sounding (obviously) better because its louder with Ozone on. If you don’t understand what I mean, there is a little ear icon that you can activate that will make your bypassed signal as loud as your mastered signal so your ears can hear what the other modules are doing. Other wise when you bypass back and forth you are always going to prefer the non-bypassed version simply because it’s louder. So, now you can actually hear with precision how the changes you make are affecting your audio. You hit bypass and there is no change in volume at all. Love it.

Sounds promising! A solution to one of the biggest issue I face when I do mastering: does it actually sounds better or is it merely the misleading higher gain?

Will have to wait a bit before upgrading to 6 though…

TimMcMorris said

The things that sold me were:

1.) Stand alone mode
2.) The new dynamic equalizer (but only in advanced).

By far however,

Honestly, you could easily still make great sounding masters with Ozone 5, but I have noticed that the improvements have been making my test tracks better, as there are simply more tools at your disposal.

Another great thing is you can now add third party plug-ins into the chain.

Thanks for the input, Tim. The dynamic equalizer was what piqued my interest when I saw the teaser videos for 6, but was disappointed to find it was only available in advanced. No doubt it’s a powerful tool, but the price isn’t worth it to me.

Nice to hear about the auto gain, sounds like they’ve made an improvement. IIRC, Ozone 5 has auto gain compensation on the compressor, but I honestly don’t use the compressor much for my work (mostly orchestral stuff). Definitely going to have to look into the upgrade – guess there is more to it than a face lift!

^Just a quick heads up about the auto-gain thing.

It is available in ozone 5, you just have to enable it in the I/O of the settings. I can’t remember what it’s called, something like ‘auto-gain compensation’ which you need to check or un-check.

I literally just found this out so they made the right decision to bring it onto the main UI.

^

Yes, Options - I/O - Automatically Match Effective Gain

Tim, I hope you’re clear about your responsibility.

Everybody who knows that you are using Ozone will buy it now. :smiley:

BiG_Cloud said

It is available in ozone 5, you just have to enable it in the I/O of the settings. I can’t remember what it’s called, something like ‘auto-gain compensation’ which you need to check or un-check.

I literally just found this out so they made the right decision to bring it onto the main UI.

Hyperprod said

^

Yes, Options - I/O - Automatically Match Effective Gain

Thank you so much for this!!

BiG_Cloud said

I’ve been using Ozone lovingly for 2 years and never realized this. Thank you for this great tip.