It's possible to get a refund for something which is not working as advertised>

OK, I’m not new to Envato’s market. Today I have purchased some template… which, in order to work needs to be registered to another service which costs.

I’m not like… I need my $20 back, but this isn’t right.

As long as it didn’t explain in the item description that this require another service (which usually is not allowed unless it’s an add-on or extension) then follow the steps here https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821460-Can-I-Get-A-Refund-

Thanks Charlie, I am a long time member now and I know how much work invest these people in their products. I was just curious. I wanted to use that particular e-mail template for our business but testing it and setting up the modules properly requires a paid Litmus account. Is this considered an add-on?

Thanks.

Trying to get a refund from Envato is like trying to get blood from a stone. They don’t care if a product is not as advertised, or doesn’t work the way it should.

It’s a dictatorship. And they can’t cope with negative reviews, even when the product is shambolic.

Litmus is a premium third party tool so I would need to pay to use it for testing on any template.

It’s possible that the author has a subscription to show how the template displays in differs clients but they wouldn’t be able to offer that as part of the download

You could argue (I haven’t seen the item) that you thought it was part of the purchase if the demo was displayed using Litmus preview but I am still not entirely convinced that would be refunded. Ultimately the only way to know is to submit a request and see what the author/envato says

FYI even though some of those testing platforms are great there is no substitute for actually sending a test mail