It's happened again - track rejected

What’s your opinion about this:

1 Like

The lofi genre isn’t what I know best, and all my own tracks has been rejected on AJ, but here is my opinion.
the piano is too distorted in the intro i think.
Nice theme at 0:42 but maybe a long intro…

1 Like

Thank you @Sonic_Wave for your reply, I really appreciate.

1 Like

Hi there. I really liked this track, it has some nice themes going on. Here are some of my thoughts as to why it may have been rejected.

1. Overall the mix lacks a bit of high definition and sounds a little too boxy on my speakers. Try brighten things up a bit if you can.

2. The arrangement is way too long in my opinion. Two and a half minutes should be more than enough time to explore all the themes here. Try cutting the intro down and get the listeners attention right from the start.

3. Possibly the biggest reason it got rejected was how the mood changed at 1min 50. I really liked it personally but it could be too abrupt for stock music. It went from being emotional, sad and moody to almost positive, uplifting and then back down again. The tempo felt like it increased too at that point so you need to avoid that.

Final thoughts.
Maybe shorten the arrangement and put the happier section towards the end as a final chorus before an outro. The way it returned to the original theme was actually really nice btw. It should go to an outro figure at that point perhaps with instruments dropping out gradually over the space of between 30 - 45 seconds leaving the piano and flute to play one last time as a final outro.

Hope some of that helps! Keep trying 'cos you’ve got some nice ideas and with a little luck you’ll get accepted.

1 Like

Thank you @AudioMixExpert very much!
Your thoughts are worth a lot for me, now that you mention it, I agree with you on all your points!
Really thanks for all your advice and for the encouragement, I will treasure it to get a better result :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome @toyoken_music. I’m glad I was able to help! Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like