Item Support Policy and Functionality Launched

Hi graumann,

You can see the exact date support expires by hovering over the ‘1 month remaining’ on the downloads page. We’ll have that functionality for you to extend support next week (hopefully). :grinning:

That is a well hidden function!

I WANT assistance. I want the account of the ilikecoding to be suspended or the Envato staff make him provide the support he promised. I have reported fatal issue with the product about 6 months ago. No support of any kind. During this time only 2 comments from his side. Promised email with update. No email, no update. Is this what I have paid for? What now?

Hi KayzerSoza,

Sorry to hear you have had bad experience with this author. I’ve forward your message to our Help team. They will look into it and come back to you.

You should know that the actions of this one author does not represent the views and attitudes of the wider Envato Community.

Hi Kayzer, I’m very sorry to hear about that and I’d like to look into this for you. I have just sent you an email. I’m looking forward to your reply and please let me know in case you did not receive it. You can also always open a ticket at http://bit.ly/1OtfwiR to reach us. Feel free to refer to my name (Melanie) to have your ticket passed on to me immediately.

Thank you!

I’m sorry for the late answer. I have sent you email.

1 Like

@charlie4282 Sorry but I’m afraid it’s not true.
Most of items I’ve bought were purchased before Sep 1st. But as I can see all of them expired yesterday (March 1st) and I’m not able to download updated items anymore :frowning:
To be honest I’m a bit disappointed by this decision from Envato to make every buyer paying multiple times for items.

Check the email out here from staff: Item Support Extensions and Renewals

What expired yesterday is the new support policy where envato guarantee support for 6 months (or longer if extended).

What you bought before Sept 1st and which still remains unchanged is the old policy between yourself or any buyer and the author. The difference being that under the old policy the auhtor can decide to simply not support the file is up to them and envato can do nothing to enforce it.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Nekto,

Access to updated versions are available to all buyers for the life of the item. Please check to make sure you can download the items with expired support and let me know if that’s not the case.

We don’t want buyers to pay multiple times for the item, that’s why we haven’t introduced paid updates despite that being the preference of a number of authors. We do however think that authors should be compensated for any time they need to spend with you, helping you use/understand the item (past the original 6 months that is).

Hope that clears things up :grinning:

Probably this was asked before.

Does the buyers with “support expired” can still rate an item?

1 Like

Yes, they can. So, be ready for negative reviews, and from what I understand (if Envato staff can correct me), Envato will not remove such reviews.

Thanks for the reply @GDragoN!

Yikes! That doesn’t sound good, and make no sense.

Envato should disable rating features for users with expired support, or at least remove ratings based on the fact that buyer is angry because the support expired. It would be good to get some official response on this problem.

1 Like

I find this option pretty useless since envato doesnt enforce same support behavior for all authors.

Please I would like to hear the voice of Envato staff regarding the option to rate even after the support pack expired, any one can respond ??

@htmgarcia @GDragoN @kayapati

Hi All,

We’re currently in the process of reviewing the business rules which allows buyers to rate an item after support has expired.

We definitely want to minimise the opportunity for unfair ratings but need to consider all the impacts (on buyers and authors) and options available. It’s not my call alone to make so I’ll talk it over with the team and come back to you next week with an answer (or at least next steps).

In the meantime, if you have any specific examples and are able to prove it (screen shots, emails, etc) then please raise a help ticket for them to be removed (including all the evidence). Asides from it resolving your immediate problem it will also help me build a stronger case for doing something about it (by giving us a better idea of the size of the issue).

Will keep you posted.

Hi @andrewfreeman,
thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately that is not helpful. Consider that if there is a limited time subscription, it should be sticked with the benefits (such as the chance to post a rating). If support period ends, the chance to post a rating should do the same.

In addition, by experience I know is painful get a rating removed - being accurate: it is impossible and require to reply a bunch of times to Envato staff.

Keep us posted about this concerns, please.

Have a good day!
Regards

2 Likes

@andrewfreeman We are expecting some reply from you regarding rating policy on what you have told to reply us in a week (but 21 days passed).
Please any reply?

Also I have a concern, if someone get a refund then its rating should be removed. And I think its logical.

1 Like

No reply in almost a month? This is more disappointing (and I thought we already reached the maximum level time ago)