Item Support Policy and Functionality Launched

Hi All,

I’ve got a quick update for you:

1. Separating license and included (bundled) support purchases on statements/invoices/etc
    It looks like the cost (confusion for authors) is outweighing any possible benefits for authors & buyers so we’ve decided to combine the sale of supported items back into one line item. This is not an easy fix and may take a few weeks to properly resolve but we’re looking at any possible interim solutions as well. I’m hoping to have an update for you and a rough ETA next week.
  2. Rounding
    The rules for rounding are the same as those used for VAT (i.e. if less then 0.5 round down, if greater than or equal to 0.5 then round up). Because we are splitting a supported item into two (license and support), the author fee and any taxes were being applied separately and therefore rounding can occur twice meaning each sale can be up to 1 cent out. When we combine the line items into one (as mentioned above) this will be less of an issue.
  3. The API is not showing a buyers support expiry date
    We believe we have found the issue and have resolved it. Please let me know if this is not the case.
  4. Granting previous buyers 6 months support in the system
    As per my update yesterday, we’re running a script to grant previous buyers of supported items 6 months support. This script is about 90% of the way there with the remaining expected to be complete before 9pm (Melbourne time).

Thanks for your feedback and patience.

1 Like