I have an idea and a working demo where I can use the following components to send a push notification whenever there is a new sale happen on my items in Codecanyon.
I was surprised to know there is no email notification to developers when a sale of their items happens. Hence thought of an idea as described below…
- Signup for Envato API - https://build.envato.com/my-apps/
- Register a new app and grab the personal token
- Use Firebase Cloud Functions to write a node.js function to hit the sales API - https://api.envato.com/v3/market/author/sales to get the count and compare it against an existing sales count
- Use OneSignal Push Notification framework to send a notification to subscribed users when there is count change
- On the top of the above, a cron job scheduled to run at regular intervals to call the FB Cloud Function to which in return sends a notification based on the sales count difference. https://cron-job.org/ is offering free service to schedule a cron job
If anyone interested in making this idea into execution, please reply, we will work together to make the sale notifications happen.
PS: I did try some existing solutions to get a notification like Leafping and searched for now defunct nWallet etc.