Item getting Rejected

I have recently started selling items and I encrypt my some of the file for License protection, so that no other people can sell it or put it on warez for nulll download.

Is ioncube encoding of script not allowed?

no, encoded script not allowed.

What are the best ways to protect your script from going on nulled/warez zone?

this job is not so easy. You have to take care of this from your side. Also you can always uptodate your script with latest technology and features. If you do update your script regularly then your csript can be protected from pirates.

this job is not so easy. You have to take care of this from your side.

that’s how one could do it - by encoding the script, what is the alternative?

Also you can always uptodate your script with latest technology and features. If you do update your script regularly then your script can be protected from pirates.

I don’t know, where this came from, but this sounds more funny then confusing - how putting script on regular update keeps it away from pirates? Please enlighten

But in the END - I got the answer - Envato doesn’t allow ioncube encoded scripts, is that correct?

That is correct

Unfortunately it’s a negative side to selling on (any and not just envato) stock site.

Even if files were encrypted etc. In many cases there are fairly straightforward ways around it, if someone is committed to doing it

Well, then I will have to find an alternative. Cause i can’t sale my high quality work without encryption and protecting my work with license.

There are lots of a* ho ** who are trying to sale high quality items illegally online or putting them for illegal download and I can’t see my hard work being thrown away like that.

I will find an alternative.

If your script is that good (no offence intended) then create your own website and sell it privately through that website if you wish to protect your creation. Example WHMCS sell their script through their own website with Ioncube encoding :wink:

@123Simples Already started couple of years ago and have made some sales ( 120 ) - but to get more sales - planned to sale at envato.

@freelancercv - No methods are going to be foolproof if it runs on someones server, and things like Ioncube are only going to inconvenience legitimate users. To me the options would be as follows:

1. You say you have a website which has made 120 sales - that’s great. Maybe you need to look at how to increase that website ability to reach out to people. Are you then loading the script with Ioncube when people buy from your website??
  2. I think there have been scripts on Codecanyon where people buy them, get the script but then the updates and installs are done using their own servers. I’m sure Ultimate Client Manager (https://codecanyon.net/item/ultimate-client-manager-pro/2621629) uses a system where you download the files, but the actual main installation files are served elsewhere. Mgscoder or others would be best to say if this is correct.

Yes, I am selling with domain lock license and people are using it already in their live platform. They are not scammers or spammers, they are legitimate users who need those software, they are not worried about, how it is deployed, they need them for their own use without single bug, for which my script is on.
Legitimate users are never worried about encoding stuff, they need working stuff that meets their requirement. That’s why I was confused - why its not allowed on envato.

I don’t want to do this - THIS IS PROBLEMATIC FOR LEGIT CLIENTS. They don’t want any intereference or telemetry or involvement of any third person or party in their server. In their server, they want their own full control without interference of any other person. I don’t want to do this from my script either. I don’t want any link with their server.

Encoding works best for me and my clients. I am happy with it. I am just surprised - why it’s an issue with Envato.