Item download issue

I mistakenly bought an another product from same seller. Now i raise a exchage request because both product are from same seller and price are also same. Then support team suggest me to raise a refund request.

Now in refund form there is no option to select Has the item been downloaded?

But item is not download and this is showing on my account>> download

But in refund request its that item has been downloaded and behalf of this auther refuse my request.

Kindly suggest me right way.

Raise a dispute or reply to mail which i got from support team.

I would like to reply to mail which You got from the support team. If the author like to assist you then it will be best solution.

This option no need to select because it is auto selected options based on the customer download history. So, if you downloaded then it will show Yes otherwise will show No.

There is any error on codecanyon algorithm because i do not downloaded that item still showing yes.

Also i try to contact seller and they said that they can approve my refund only when has item downloaded is no written.
I replied to mail and now waiting for reply.
I hope support team will examine all thing and take a right decision.

Here is summery kindly check once if you have 2 min time.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1RT9sKIpAdUy0AWEM8yJeWf2pwZUlC-FS

both item from the same author then hope author will assist you.

I mistakenly bought CMS theme instead of WordPress theme. Please I need a refund or purchase of WordPress Theme for Markytics. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Hi @Babafemi1705,

If you are eligible to get a refund then you can request for refund. Can I Get A Refund is an explanation of the refund policy, requirements, process and a button linking to the refund request form (below the How to request a refund).

Thanks