Issues with uploading the theme Enfold onto Wordpress.com

wordpress

Every time I try and upload the Wordpress theme I bought from ThemeForest onto my Wordpress.com account it comes back with a message that reads “Upload failed, Please Try Again.”

I have watched YouTube videos for assistance, but nothing I try works.

Plus, in most of the videos I watched the person was able to locate the file “Total.zip” from the downloaded Enfold file.

I have tried to upload just the file that reads “Enfold,” and does not include the extraneous files that download with it, but again it doesn’t work.

I tried to get my money back since I can’t the theme to upload, but they declined by request so PLEASE give me all the insight you can!

Lastly, I feel like I read somewhere (after the theme purchase of course) that ThemeForest themes are not compatible with Wordpress.com. Is this true? If so, how do I go about using this theme?

As you said you cant use themes from TF on WordPress.com sites.

You need to have your own domain/hosting and install WordPress on there (either via hosting installation or download the files from WordPress.org and upload via FTP) before uploading/activating the theme

Thanks!

So I guess my next question is:

How do I get my own domain/hosting? Or in other words, what is the best and easiest way to do this?

There are loads of providers that sell domains, hosting, or both. You will probably find it easiest and quickest to get it all in one place like Blue Host, MediaTemple, HostGator etc.

These have regular hosting and in some cases dedicated WordPress specific hosting and most have the capacity to auto/one-click install WordPress to make life easier.

If you are just starting, I would recommend SiteGround WordPress hosting plans: https://www.siteground.com/wordpress-hosting.htm They also have really good support, so you won’t be left alone in case you need some help.