Is WordPress Themes Market Going Down?

Maybe they go to popular list or search.

At the first page :frowning:

That a is very sharp decline. Not good at all.

The Daze theme is pretty excellent. Good job on that one.

1 Like

Thanks Franklin, we put in a lot of effort into it so we really hope this pays out especially considering all the reports of weak sales for new authors.

You’re welcome. I’m sure it was a lot of work. Do try to promote it on WordPress blogs or ads. I hope it does well.

Do anybody have any suggestions to improve the decline in sales?

I am 100% agree with you.

We are also facing a huge downfall in our own Plugin & Theme shop.

Alexa ranking also affecting.

Now this month has so hard time for us. :cry: :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks

Hi, WP theme market is now going down its the number of increasing peoples. The more people jumped into this market the will harder to survive for individuals.

WordPress themes market is NOT going down. The problem is, there will be MORE AND MORE themes and the earnings will split more and more ; and ENVATO will never care because they care only with overall profit (so for them it doesn’t matter if one author goes bankrupt and an other author buys his 3rd house)

2 Likes

You sell 100 items a month and there’s 35,000 authors or whatever. A bunch of 35,000 more authors join Envato, and you want to still sell 100 items a month. The only way for that to happen, is for the 35,000 new authors to sell 0 items a month. So it could be said that you care only with overall profit and it doesn’t matter if one, or 35,000, authors goes bankrupt. I kind of feel that way, maybe we all do… it’s just self-preservation.

Maybe a bit of an extreme example, but you get the point. It wouldn’t exactly be totally unfair if you then got 50 sales a month and all the new guys got 50 sales a month. But at the end of the day, whether Envato care or not… how would they care, and how would they make it matter? What could they do to stop that? Not allow anyone new to join? Turn off the ability to submit new items? There’s only a certain amount of sales to go around, and even if they increase their efforts in bringing in new clients, it’s always going to be easier to entice people with the ability to make money from their work, than it is to part people from their well-earned cash.

Well, simple…:
1 - STOP ELEMENTS! (for the reasons we have mentioned thousands of times. This would be a step. At last, you can never underestimate giving thousands of items for almost FREE, right?)
2 - PROMOTE THEMEFOREST!
3 - (for overall mental health) - Stop continuously saying “we are always checking the results and the sales are consistent” etc. etc… Yes, they are consistent but only FOR YOU ENVATO!

And friend, when it comes to sales, just wait and see what will happen when they include WordPress in Elements (and they will). This Elements thing must be a joke.

• And the way they handled the Photodune “changes” and the (Photodune) authors (if you know what I mean), the total UnProfessionalism there , oh man, that was really, really extraordinary & unbelievable ; it destroyed all the reputation (if they had any good one) - Very sad.

Well Wordpress isn’t on Elements yet, as you say… so stopping Elements isn’t going to stop a drop in Wordpress sales currently, or is it responsible for historic drops in sales.

Sure, it will probably have an effect if and when Wordpress does go on Elements… but there have been threads about dropping sales long before Elements came along, and on different sites. The main point, currently, is saturation of items over the years in general… how would they address that?

Maybe not approving EVERY theme would be a start. To be honest, I even don’t know why one of the best selling WP themes is still a best seller with all the slowness and prehistoric code :smile:

2 Likes

Exactly, setting quality level required for approval to previous levels would easily solve this, BUT it won’t happen :expressionless:

1 Like

And things are now going worst. From last few days I am not getting any single sale. My last sale was on 8th April :frowning:

Well they need to keep saying that, as a lot of people seem to confuse individual drops in sales with the entire market as a whole…or Envato going out of business or something. If everyone started saying “my sales are down” instead, and not assuming a few dozen similar responses in the forum indicates a worrying trend for the future of Envato… then they’d probably stop saying it.

Just got an email from Envato, saying “when community succeeds, we succeed” :slight_smile: - I wonder what (especially) PhotoDune authors would think about that statement :slight_smile:

1 Like

If the entire Photodune community were succeeding, then there probably would have been no need for any changes.

They removed the portfolios of best selling authors, what about that?