Is this upto standard?

template
Made some changes.
is it still below standard?

Yes, that looks quite amateur and i’m not even a designer.

So yes, please refine your skills :disappointed_relieved:

Amateur as in lack of premium features?

• Breaks just about every design fundamental incl. typography, hierarchy, spacing, alignment, etc

• No premium features

• Easy to find better for free online

• no light box to portfolio

• Code does not validate

1 Like

@Assiduous - I’m going to be nice :wink:
I like people who try, and so well done you for trying. The issues that stand out in terms of quality would be as follows:

1. When you click on anchor links, they are not coming in on the page quite as they should do. See the image below:

1. You are referencing fonts but ideally think of using Google web fonts - not everyone has the font you specify on their computer or phones -

I think it looks like a free template you could pick up anywhere, so it will not meet the criteria for Envato. But that doesn’t mean you didn’t try my friend, so don’t give up!

@Assiduous see what @charlie4282 just said too. More concisely but spot on!

Thanks.
Am serious about this job since i see a future here.
The issues you point out are quite easy to fix which i will.
But do i keep changing and posting to the forum untill i get it perfectly?
Because coding here is not like real life, i must say , so you dont get lessons on their quality requirements anywhere else.

I understand you dont work for Envato nor do you teach design but you have been responding too vaguely.
I mean, in a way that works more to add to my frustrations than to help me improve.

I am doing all i can to improve and i will continue but you much understand that themeforest quality requirements are unique since they are the best.
Designing here is not like in real life.
So what you want may not be in the books i read or teachers i consult.
So could you be a bit more focused?
It will make my breaking into Envato that much easier.
But am not complaining.

Dont get me wrong, you are the one who has responded to me the most and i appreciate.
In fact, if you keep record, you can attest to my improvements with every new design since you have challenged me on everyone of them.
But could you just give a bit more info.

I understand you dont work for Envato nor do you teach design but you have been responding too vaguely.
I mean, in a way that works more to add to my frustrations than to help me improve.

I am doing all i can to improve and i will continue but you much understand that themeforest quality requirements are unique since they are the best.
Designing here is not like in real life.
So what you want may not be in the books i read or teachers i consult.
So could you be a bit more focused?
It will make my breaking into Envato that much easier.
But am not complaining.

Dont get me wrong, you are the one who has responded to me the most and i appreciate.
In fact, if you keep record, you can attest to my improvements with every new design since you have challenged me on everyone of them.
But could you just give a bit more info.

Any response will be appreciated

@Assiduous

I don’t doubt your passion. If you are trying to develop themes, then (my own opinion) you need to look at what themes already are available on the Envato platforms. This will give you an indication as to quality and expectations of the Envato Team.

If you are building a theme, then look at similar themes already being sold, and you will get a clearer picture of how to improve, build on what you have done so far.

The issue is - if anyone tells you that the typogrpahy is not right or that the spacing is inconsistent, - then as an author here you need to be able to action that without someone listing out every individual issue.

That is not how designing works, things need to fit harmoniously and consistently - that requires a technical understanding to correct it as a whole throughout the item not just in single instances

Can you not see that (just a couple of examples and far from the only issues):

• each section is completely differently spaced, not to mention too close and without any visible division

• that you have at least 5 different font styles in just the first couple of sections

I know this is a multi-page template too but have a look at Canvas | The Multi-Purpose HTML5 Template by SemiColonWeb | ThemeForest this is the standards of unique features functionality, design, versatility, etc. that you need to be aiming for

@charlie4282 @123Simples Thanks guys, I will keep working on it.
Are there books, videos, teachers you would recommend?
I want to go back to the basics then try again in a few months

Here are some suggestions. Put more margin or padding to the left of the logo, desktop version. Put more margin or padding to the right of the navigation bar. Create a spot in the top bar where the logo and navigation are to include a phone number. I like the social media icons on the hero image. More space between the hero image and the About Me section. More space between each section. Use a different color background in each section. Could be as simple as alternating between white and light grey. About Me section - Headings are centered, main text centered, then Assiduous Themes left, etc. left justified. Doesn’t look right. I usually, but not always, left justify main text because it’s easier to read that way. You’re using 1? sans-serif font. Try using a serif with a sans-serif font. Will make the design more interesting. You can Google which fonts work well together. Resume section. I don’t really care for the design of this section. Use less space between paragraph text. Group the Main heading, example, Computer Science, closer to Cambridge University sub-heading. Make the design more interesting in this section. I don’t really care for the green highlight color used on the site. I would suggest changing that. If you’re going to show 8 services in the Services section, increase margin or padding on the right and left and put 4 on one line and 4 on the next. Make the boxes more interesting. Plans section. Boxes too close together. Not enough right and left padding in each box. Make the Contact Section wider, perhaps full width of screen. The Page needs a footer beyond the copyright. I didn’t see any bootstrap coding in the page. I wouldn’t purchase a responsive template, unless it was created in Bootstrap. With Bootstrap the developer can control the number of columns on the screen based on the width of the device, example desktop, tablet, phone. I don’t know what country you live in and what you can afford, but this is a very nice book to help understand the basics of design, “The Non-Designers Design Book” by Robin Williams. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Template 2.0.
Template