Is this rank means something for sales on AJ?

“You’re ranked 3850th for sales on AudioJungle.”

Hi, collegues! I want to ask: Is this rank means something for sales on AJ? Yes, when I was 7946th (in February) I had much less sales than now (now I’m 3850th). But when I was 7946th I had much less items than now. Can you explain me the meaning of this rank on AJ. Thanks a lot!

Hello! This is the number your position is here https://audiojungle.net/authors/top

2 Likes

It is just the number of sales comparing all the authors.
I really don´t care about that rank.

2 Likes

You’ve got more items and had more sales so you go up on the list. It’s ranked by number of sales.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, friends! As I understand this is just an indication of number of sales. I mean number of sales = Rank.

Thanks a lot for the answers, my friends! Now I understand.

3 Likes

Ha-ha :slight_smile:

Totally off topic, but by the way @artsygoat. You got really really nice ambient tracks.
Love.

1 Like

But as I can see in the list of rank, number of items is not corelate to number of sales. I can see an author who has only 75 items and he on the first page of the list of rank. But I can see an authors who has more than 600 items but they not on the first page. I’ve found an author who has 673 items, but he ony on 20th page with rank 975th…

Many many thanks @Manriquedelara !!! :slight_smile: it’s nice to hear that from you :wink:

1 Like

Well every item is different with regards to how popular it is going to be on the Marketplace. Just because somebody has 10 items and 100 sales, doesn’t mean somebody with 100 items will have 1000 sales. Same reason why the Rolling Stones make more than the Venga Boys.

3 Likes

did you just call out someone who hadn’t even responded to this thread to tell them they had nice tracks at random? :slight_smile: nice… strange… but nice.

2 Likes

Haha
Yesterday night, when arrived at home, listening some tracks, i though “mmm they are really good, i´ll comment something after dinner” After dinner, too tired, too late and i forgot it.:disappointed_relieved:
This morning, in this post, i remembered, so… Anywhere, anyplace is good to say when somebody does a very good work. And if i dont do it now, surely i´ll forget it again. :joy:

Yes, a little bit strange, like my life. :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

SpaceStockFootage, Well said!))

The ranking can be used to get an idea how your current sales trend compares to the overall community trend. As an example, if my sales go down and my ranking stays about the same, then it tells me on average that sales are down in general. This is a very general metric of course (for example, if all the sales are going to the authors who are ranked below me, then I won’t see that effect to my ranking until they start overtaking my position).

Another situation is if my sales stay at a constant level and yet my ranking drops. Then that says to me I’m losing new sales from the total purchases. You might say this is obvious. However, it wouldn’t be obvious without having ranking information.

That’s just a few ideas, I bet there are others ways to use the ranking info.

4 Likes

Couldn’t be explained in a better manner. I found it also very useful parameter even I’m been ranked up in numbers because lack of sales lately :slight_smile:

1 Like

I apologize for causing a disruption to the thread hahaha! :joy:

1 Like
2 Likes