Is this practice allowed?

Yes, I saw three songs with this structure @RobertSlump (very famous, by now :joy:). They are in the first and second page right nowā€¦

I reported similar issuees to Envato support:

1. author copied his own track
  2. another author copied already successful track. Both had good sales - more than 30 something from ā€œhappy ukuleleā€ genre- both are removed now.
    So I guess we should keep cleaning and help to keep this place tidy.
    I reported a track which was clipped, distorted and squashed as hell and its removed as well.
1 Like

I have had enough of this nonsense - I am now going through this category, taking down their particulars and their user name and passing it on to support.

4 Likes

I only did the first page and 5 ā€œArtistsā€ have been reported.

1 Like

they keep comingā€¦and getting approved. They get automatic approve or what is going on? I mean if this is now a known problem, why is this patterned track still passing the review?

2 Likes

I think this should be Envatoā€™s job. Itā€™s great that you are helping out and reporting tracks, but you are wasting energy and time on something that should be regulated by Envato.

2 Likes

Insane - wait 10 minutes, check the Ambient Category and more keep coming.

You are in Carcosa now.

2 Likes

The thing is, Envato does not have the time and resources to keep these cheap tactics away from audiojungle.
With sooo many entries a day, the reviewers cannot keep checking for quality AND if a file has been uploaded beforeā€¦ that would take them hours extra every day.

I do believe though, that Envato has some sort of WAV file detector, and if the exact same file has been uploaded twice the alarm goes offā€¦ but with small variations in the track like in this crap we have been seeing the last few days, it seems that they can actually get away with it.

So the next best thing for now is us helping envato en ourselves by calling out the files that are in the wrongā€¦ itā€™s better then letting them get away with it and make money while pushing honest authors from the list.

I Robert that I strongly disagree with your comment that they are C*** as they demonstrate artistry and slick production and they need to be highlighted for the musical dexterity that they are and all Authors and buyers should note the talent behind these works.

1 Like

But authors canā€™t track all cheaters too. Maybe something like just id verification will be enough to stop this flood. Or something else, that can work automatically without big human resources, idk. But something must be done I think.

1 Like

Also, I donā€™t see whatā€™s wrong with some kind of audition. When you want to join most of other marketplaces, you have to send a few tracks and your info, and if you are accepted you can continue to upload. Audiojungle doesnā€™t lack music or authors, it is already huge and it could afford to be picky and choose good and honest authors to work with.

1 Like

Trojan corporatehorse still active? Need to follow that :sunglasses:

Because they have more earnings from new authors, especialy if they are non-exclusive too.

AJ is making a s***load of money off our music. They can and should invest so that they have the time and resources to deal with this. Their fees are the highest there is for a platform based business. We should get something from it, other than mere upload space. Envato is using authors as a way not to have to hire or invest more, by having us police the marketplace, as well as teach buyers about licenses and so on. Sorry for the digression, but I feel like weā€™re the suckers here. Meanwhile fake accounts keep on uploading the same track and keep on selling.

7 Likes

Oh, dont get me wrongā€¦ us doing this kind of reporting and detective work should not last forever!
For now though, it is the only way it seemsā€¦ and weā€™d be even bigger suckers if we just let this slide right?

Again, i agreeā€¦ Envato should step up and try to avoid these illegal practices by some sort of detection systemā€¦ or hell, a seperate team of reviewers who only review wave forms and detect illegal activity.

2 Likes

I put myself forward as part of that team

2 Likes

11 Likes

Very few are making a s*** load of money and many people have invested time, effort and money into this platform actually. Itā€™s not funny.

This shambles is still going on. More ā€œArtistsā€ found. Tragic. More reported.