Is this practice allowed?

I was just joking because I love the show :smiley:

2 Likes

The best show ever!

2 Likes

Show is nice (just finished 2nd season), but again, i think these sound alikes should not be allowed. I know that these authors are talented up to the point when they can recreate almost any track, but let it be as a training skill. Just for fun. Otherwise, its just a theft. Not gonna repot or something, but once again, i am highly against these practises.

1 Like

Did you read this thread?

as you can see they sold already so the system works

1 Like

Mental ! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you fot sh*tting on my music and breaking Envato forum rules, as well as pumping my views on this item (later is a good thing). This is pastiche, because tempo is different, arp notes are different, drums different, sounds, etc. So whay you accusing me with the things, that i made intentionally, making this track pastiche and sound-a-like and not hiding it from buyers?

1 Like

Letā€™s define what you mean here, Flumen? How ā€œcloseā€ is close? Who define? Notes, sounds, instruments, all are different. So please, stop accusing me publicly. This is against Envato forum rules. If you need it - send request to support.

1 Like

Really?

Close but not similar.

Serious? Rip-off? Note by note and sound by sound? Clean your ears, please.

Am I in ā€œIs this practice allowed?ā€ topic? I just asked an opinion, If Iā€™m breaking some rules Iā€™m sorry, but this topic shouldnā€™t exist at all than.

We all seem to be deafs here. All I hear is the same track, just a bit faster, with slightly different sounds and arpeggio just going in another direction. It even ends in the same way.

Itā€™s like we say HIMā€™s ā€œWicked Gameā€ version is different from the Chris Isaakā€™s one. Yes it is, but itā€™s still a cover and I bet they asked the permission to do that.

Anyway, nothing personal @LumenMedia, I really like your works and how this one came out, I just made a question. If this is allowed, well, good to know for other authors and your track will continue to sell well, so no damage has been made.

We are not allowed to accuse other authors publicly with pointing to other works and accusing them. You need to edit links, remove it and if you want and think i am wrong - submit support request. Thatā€™s it.And yes, this topic will exist, because there is enough of those, who think better to spend their energy on searching other mistakes more than on improving own production. Nothing personal here. For such claim exist Tech Support.

1 Like

Not a plagiarism I mean

Thanks

Technically, not a complete rip-off, since some notes and nuances are slighlty different. But it is so close to the oiginal, it just makes my eyebrows raise. Anyways, to each his own, i just expressed my point of view on the matter in a corresponding thread.

Heyy - to avoid any trouble starting on the forums, I removed the link to the item (calling out other items/authors isnā€™t allowed). You can try reporting the item to Envato Support and a reviewer will have a look at the two tracks. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect, Iā€™m sorry if I made a mistake, I wonā€™t partecipate anymore to that
topic. Intstead, I will write to support if I see something wrong.
Sorry again.

1 Like

Not sure how useful this would be worldwide but this looks interesting.

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s what Iā€™ve said. Donā€™t treat my opinion as a hate. I love your tracks and I think that sound a likes are very important in our industry. Even more - I think that a lot of AJ authors are constantly making sound-a-likes or even plagiarisms of your famous track.

I just wanted to point that this kind of similarity is very dangerous for buyers, for you and for stocks. And for all of us in consequences. I would change few things, especially a key to avoid problems :slight_smile: Of course you do not need to do anything, there is a lot of similar ā€œadvancedā€ sound a likes on AJ.

3 Likes