Is this practice allowed?

Wow found out another same waveform in their portfolios

1 Like

I agree with @OuranioRecordings.

Envato feels fine about this copypaste stuff, so it makes no sense to post reports here or writing to support as well. However, you could probably win some bans/accounts takedown as a thrown bone, but you can’t win the war because these authors will create new accounts and things will be the same again like I said a couple of months ago.

So if Envato wanted to make things clear and rules strict for all that bullshit over here, they would do it, but until then - all these clone wars is just a part of Envato strategy, so in fact, you are fighting with the whole audiojungle system, not just against some criminal authors.

4 Likes

Looks like you’re right. Maybe they just tolerate the copy paste things afterall. Those give AJ more fresh items everyday, but let’s hope they will do something about it asap :slight_smile:

Sorry, but if cloning of tracks is so easy without any check of a reviewer …well…I would rename this platform to CloneJungle

What a shame but the consequent result of a mass flooding author politics without any control to get number one on the RF market.

That´s the other side of the medal.

10 Likes

Wow.

P.S. I just realised this guy’s portfolio is basically the same track cloned 10 times with minor tweaks ahah lol

You can also search term dubstep and see the tracks selling have the same sound and waveforms :smile:

Hey Glen what have you got to say on the matter here?

“…Alright…Giggidy Gig…”

I’m sure it’s not allowed here

Hello friends,
are “covers” allowed here? Check out this:
[removed by mod]

Don’t joke me telling there are little differences here and there, this is a cover IMHO, just because I don’t want to use the word Plagiarism.

7 Likes

Unbelievable :smiley:

That sound-alike is too close, yes, and there is a risk of legal action both for buyers and the author.

And it’s not like it was by accident as it’s clearly intentional.

1 Like

Very close. Like Flumen sad - too dangerous!

Close, but a plagiarism in my opinion

Yes…I also found a track that is almost 100% clone (the structure, tonality, bpm, melody, everything). It even has tags that clearly point out to the original. And it also comes from an elite. I think this practice it allowed unfortunately. I just feel sorry for buyers who bought these knock-offs.

Sometimes you can hear a track that tries to mimic the mood and rhythm of a popular track (think countless a-likes to Daft Punk’s Gets Lucky), and it is somewhat ok, but when i hear such a complete rip offs like Stranger Things, its bad.

1 Like

Tim McMorris had to change one of his tracks a couple of years ago because they said it sounded too much like Coldplay’s Clocks.

It was much, much, much, much, much more different from the original than this one is.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes, I would stay far, far away from sound-alikes. Both making them and buying them. There is a big difference between “sounds like Nirvana” and “Nirvana sound-alike”. To be honest, it’s just lazy.

1 Like

Well, I hope Envato staff is aware of this case. Because a lot of authors (elite authors) are stealing ideas and making sound-alikes.

I’m relieved you all think it like me.

The Stranger Thing(s) is that reviewer doesn’t know the original soundtrack! :joy:

2 Likes

Well if you don’t watch the programme you wouldn’t recognise the music. I think it’s pretty difficult for the reviewers to keep abreast of all the tracks that might be copied!

2 Likes