Is this an original?

I want to know whether this piano theme is original. I’ve played it a lot of times already and don’t know. Before I develope it further I would like to know your opinion.

1 Like

Beautiful!

(I don’t know if it’s right for AJ, but it’s really beautiful)

1 Like

wow! I agree with you, it’s really beautiful):smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@PhotonicMusic @slots-money Thanks both. So you think it’s original?

Very nice sophisticated piece! If you would not question if its an original or not, I would certainly not. I have no idea though, and it is a question I ask myself more than often working on tracks… I would strongly consider finding a music library or several that are interested in this kind of a little more special cinematic pieces. Not sure if AJ is the best home for this piece. Regardless, great work!

1 Like

@MojoSoundtrack Thanks for the nice comment. That is indeed what I ask myself more often also and why I thought to ask here for this piece. I will follow up your suggestion although I don’t know where to find those.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean. There are 2 meanings of word original as far as I know.

1. You could ask whether it is original if you were concerned that it resembles some other work and you are not sure whether it is your genuine work or not.

2. In my language “original” also means that something has artistic qualities that are great enough to call it a piece of art.

The answer to the 2nd question is simple - yes :slight_smile:

The 1st question can get very complicated, but in a nutshell, nobody has ever written original music, philosophically speaking. I wouldn’t go deeper that that…

1 Like

@PhotonicMusic I meant the first, but am really happy with you answering the second :grin:
My worries are about having a lot of influences from other music and being afraid that it pours through melodies I make up. And then when I rehearse the thing, I’m not shure where it came from.
I think your answers and from the other authors were enough confirmation that it’s not a blunt copy of some melody I picked up somewhere.

Yes now I know what you mean, sometimes we make music that sounds so familiar, we can’t be sure if it’s our own work or not. This only happens with good music :slight_smile: So there are 2 possibilities - you just made great music, or you unintentionally copied something you heard somewhere else. Good luck finding that out haha. I hope it’s the first case. Once I made a “great” acoustic track for AJ and was not aware of the fact that I completely copied some all-time-best-seller’s theme until the AJ review team enlightened me… I could say I can relate to your dilemma. :smiley:

1 Like

Nobuo Uematsu vibes

1 Like

@DeepDeepOcean You mean the influences he had in his music?

I really love this piano piece. Never heard it before. I love how disonances play along togetherthough the song creating an evolving sweet-sour story.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m glad you like it and never heard this theme.
By now I’m relieved with the answers to my post. Don’t know how to market it yet, but time will tell.