Is there any way to do an advanced search in Envato Elements?

It seems impossible to search with more than one keyword. I can’t understand why this should be a problem for a modern day search engine. It makes no sense. I wasn’t informed about this when I signed a subscripton. I can’t believe it. So I have to ask: Is it really impossible to search specificly, combining keywords and narrow down a search like in any other search engine?

Hi @hawah83

Maybe I’m not understanding correctly, but are you not seeing the search bar at the top of the page?

It seems to allow me to narrow my search with multiple words and categories.

I can choose a category, or search all of them at the same time.

And I am able to type multiple words to specify exactly what I’m looking for.

Here is an easy example of the kind of search results I am thinking about:

• You found 41,169 “old table” photos
  • You found 276,874 “old wooden table” photos

An additional keyword doesn’t do a more specific search or narrow the results down. It just creates a lot of other results in addition.

1 Like

The way the search works is CRAZY - thousands of half-relevant results so I add a word to narrow it, and I get thousands MORE results.
This is the only platform that (mis) behaves like this and although I was excited when I signed up, I’m finding it pretty well unusable. Why bother when I can go elsewhere to find what I need in just a few minutes??
When you say you have millions of assets, I really don’t want to trawl through all of them to find what I’m looking for.
I’m obviously not the only person who’s experiencing this, so although your marketing may be dragging in big volumes of sign-ups, I guess your attrition rate will be high until you fix what is clearly a BUG in your system.

1 Like

Exactly. I´m pissed off how difficult it is to find pictures of kitchens without people in it. Table tops without stuff on them. Empty offices etc.

Search engine sucks.

I’m about to buy a stock footage subscription for a long-term project. Envato Elements was my favorite candidate until I realized that its multiple-word search results are unacceptable in my case since I usually need particular footage. I’ll consider Envato again next year if they improve that limitation.

Advanced search has to be set as a priority as it is pretty useless at the moment. It takes too long to sort through the images to find the right one. This is a major down side to us getting an otherwise useful subscription.
You can consider using + and - to filter.
For instance:
“Fish salmon” as a search term, should give you all images with fish OR salmon.
“Fish +salmon” should give you a narrowed down list with images with both fish AND salmon
“Fish -salmon” should give you a narrowed down list with images containing fish where salmon have been removed.