Is opening multiple accounts allowed?

Also it would take longer for you to become Elite with multiple accounts.–

1 Like

One good reason is because envato denies us category filters in portfolios for years now.
Basically if you want buyers to browse your great After Effects portfolio but don’t want him to sift through 1000s of stock Footage and Motion Graphics files, you have no other chance than to open another account for that.

This way, commission is lower for the author, you are correct. If I put my tinfoil hat on, I’d say that is one of the reasons why envato hasn’t bothered to enable category filters on portfolios but on all other pages on videohive…

1 Like

Yeah, the inability to filter items in individual portfolios is a pain. Many authors have gotten around this by creating HTML linked categories via their main profile pages, but the customer has to begin on the main profile page and go from there. It’s certainly not the best solution, but it’s an option.

The fact Envato hasn’t given authors the ability to filter items via category in individual portfolios, makes me wonder if it’s a serious system limitation that would require an entire reworking of the platform to implement.

Perhaps it’s a cost/benefit situation.

hi MR,
Inputting author’s username into any VH search category returns all the user’s items in that category.
Hope this helps!
cheers,
EF

yes there are many workarounds. Problem is, users will most probably click on the prominent “View Portfolio” link underneath the author’s avatar to see someones portfolio, and then quickly give up.

If he discovers your link to your doctored collection, great. But the amount of work that these collections will make with bigger portfolios makes the solution to open another account maybe even economically justified.

I don’t know the code behind this stuff, but given the fact that I can enter anyones username in the search and see all his items as a search result, with all the nice filters and categories available as with any other page (besides the portfolio) makes me assume this is a rather trivial task.

I think I have heard that technically, portfolios are search results pages (filtering for author). Raises the question why then it doesn’t have the same functions as a search result page.

Envato is more focused on creating new marketplaces than spending some days on fixing their existing ones, so I gave up on requesting this feature somewhere in 2016 (after requesting it for 3 years).

2 Likes

Correct, but what I think @creattive is saying is there’s no way to filter categories within an author’s individual portfolio, which could surely be very helpful for customers.

can I use 2 Exclusive account and same payment account ?