Is Audiojungle all about "Corporate Motivational etc etc"?

I have very few corporate tracks and I make a living with music licensing.

Just listen to ads (yeah the ones that pop up on Youtube or Instagram), TV shows, promos, Youtube videos, etc. Are you hearing only corporate music?

1 Like

Of course i am not hearing “only” corporate tracks. By “corporate” tracks i mean that the same chord progressions and feeling. And yeah, i overwhelmingly hear the positive, inspiring, dumb ukelele tracks. The problem i was referencing to is, audiojungle is a place where people come to buy these kind of tracks and maybe with some effort more diverse content creators should be drawn to the site. and in my original post, i said that am i in the wrong place? by that i mean is there any other venue which i can publish my tracks on? But some people try to make it about me being lazy and so on. maybe i am misunderstood.

I think what sells the most in RF libraries is music with upbeat, energetic, inspiring, happy and confident moods (not the exact combination of all of those). You can still sound trendy and fresh without sounding generic. That’s the hard part and what makes you good as a composer/producer, among other skills.

I don’t know about you but many times (of course not always)I hear cool and interesting tunes in ads and tv shows that inspire me to make music. The generic corporate, cinematic or ukulele tracks are still around, but it’s definitely not every project.

About Audiojungle, I think it’s the wrong place to have your music exclusively available but if your approach is non-exclusive, it’s great.

@CinemaSounds I have been listening to your tracks and I think Audiojungle is the wrong place for you if you want it as your main source of income. You should aim for more TV oriented exclusive libraries. It’s very unlikely to land an Animal Planet placement here on AJ. Your music sounds like TV underscore, it’s really good

1 Like

Thanks for the valuable reply. Audiojungle is not my main income but of course i want to sell more while i do what i like. Do you have any recommendations about tv oriented exclusive libraries or venues? And could you elaborate on exclusivity a little bit more if you don’t mind? Thanks again.

1 Like

Can’t mention libraries but you can do a Google search or Youtube search about the subject and many will show up. There is also a site called Music Library Report which is paid but has valuable information.

Exclusivity means you don’t make the tracks available anywhere else. Only at the exclusive library. If you choose to have an exclusive account on AJ, the music you upload can only stay in AJ.

Non-exclusivity means you can upload the same track to multiple libraries. Even with the same title, doesn’t matter (in most cases)

+1

I agree

AJ as other RF markets became the number one source for independent streaming authors ( vloggers, influencers,etc) and somehow number one source for broadcasted commercials.Just listen to almost any commercial broadcasted on TV , or streaming platform and you will find the cliches. You are not in the wrong spot.Your niche is not quite in demand at this very moment.Advertising companies are very theral. They are doing focus groups and gathering tons of feedback.This is what average consumer wants. We are just that dumb !

I don’t think it’s all about corporate uplifting music. I have basically started this year (except for two tracks I had here for years) and I focus on tension underscores among some other things. Clients actually buy this, so I agree with much that has been said here so far. It’s much more satisfying creating music that is in line with who you are and actually selling it than trying to imitate something you are not comfortable with.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Yes, unfortunately it is.
We cannot write only what we want, we need to adjust :slight_smile:

As they say: Demand creates supply.

Interesting thread. It’s all about authenticity imo. Your music is the best when your hart is in it. People notice that. Sure you can make some tracks out of commercial perspective, but they are never as good as what’s your natural flow. The branding of AJ is more towards the easy positive upbeat tracks, but that’s now. I think reviewers are also widening the perspective, just because it’s necessary. I hear lot’s of interesting tracks which don’t have the common signature of AJ at first listening. Although I always sense a certain amount of urgency or need to impress in those also. I think that is the point of making music: you want to bring something across. Even if it’s just RF music. I think btw that the RF music is far underestimated. Think of what writers say: I didn’t have time to write a short letter, so here’s my long one. Saying: getting to the point quickly and telling the story briefly is far more difficult. My point that I want to make: don’t let sales guide you, but only your best music.

1 Like

My personal viewpoint is “upbeat corporate pop” is an art form one could spend years honing. Lots of nuances in top-selling tracks of this genre.