Is anyone using "Toontrack EZ Mix 2" ?

Is anyone using “Toontrack EZ Mix 2” for mixing and mastering? Just wondering what you thought of it.

It’s a time saver if speed is more important than quality. Practically they have some good plugins with several presets and you end up with a dry/ wet know, with no control over other parameters.

However, it does work well and it can help. If you get it from Sweetwater, you might get a discount.

I used in a mix, on drums EZ Mix and then took it off and used “Variety of Sound” plugins and got a better result.

I have used it on occasion. But I find it to be rather limited when it comes to tweak-ability, I have also used Nomad factories “Magma” which is pretty similar to EZ Mix but has much more tweak-ability. In the end though I always find myself going back to traditional mastering techniques. Compressor Limiter EQ. etc.

Hey, thank you, gentlemen. Appreciate your thoughts. They are very helpful. The Toontrack libraries are on sale at various sites, so I was wondering if it was a good time to get in and try it. Will definitely research others. Cheers.

I agree it is limited. The presets are good and very usable. I use one of the keyboard settings for my pop piano sound. It is a nice tool to have in the arsenal but I wouldn’t recommend it for primary mixing. It does save time if you need a quick mix or rough mix.

JamieGraves said

I agree it is limited. The presets are good and very usable. I use one of the keyboard settings for my pop piano sound. It is a nice tool to have in the arsenal but I wouldn’t recommend it for primary mixing. It does save time if you need a quick mix or rough mix.

Thanks, Jamie.