Invalid TeamForest/Envato MarketPlace Data

I’m having major issues with this issue. I’m trying to update both my WordPress version and Border Theme (purchased from TeamForest/Envato) but whenever I try and update I get the following message:

“Invalid TeamForest/Envato Marketplace Data
Your TeamForest/Envato Marketplace data appears to be invalid. Please re-check your marketplace data.”

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to resolve the issue with no luck and I’m completely stuck at the moment, unable to update my site. I’ve double-checked my API key which is still valid.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
James

Hi @JamesGibb!

That error message is coming from the theme itself, not from Envato APIs, so I’m not able to pinpoint the issue exactly. We are retiring our legacy API, and it’s possible that the version of the theme you’ve got installed is running into trouble here.

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Contact pixelgrade (the author of Border) and report this issue. As the author, they’re best placed to understand the issue and help you fix it.
  2. You could try downloading the newest version of Border, uninstalling your current version, and manually installing the new version.

Unfortunately we don’t have much visibility into how authors integrate our APIs in their products, so this is the best advice I can give at the moment. Hopefully the author can help you sort the issue out. If they need assistance from us they can open an author support ticket and we’ll be more than happy to help them with any issues on our side.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi Ross - thank you for those suggestions. I’ll try Pixelgrade first and see if they can help.

James