Introducing WordPress and Annual Subscriptions on Envato Elements

They’re here!

Premium WordPress themes and plugins are now available on Envato Elements, exclusively on the annual plan.

The annual plan - which is new too - will normally be $348 (equating to $29/month, paid annually). But, for a limited time only, you can get it for $228 (equating to $19/month, paid annually). That’s a 34% saving on the standard monthly rate!

So, what do you get?

• Over 200 of the most popular WordPress themes. From multipurpose to niche, it is the ultimate collection of fully responsive, intelligently designed and functional WordPress themes.
  • Over 100 clever plugins for enhanced marketing, SEO, bookings, community and more.
  • Plus, access to the existing library of 300,000+ photos, fonts, backgrounds, graphics, add-ons, mock ups and more.
  • All with unlimited downloads.

CUSTOMER FAQ

Why are you introducing annual plans?

We’ve always wanted to provide subscribers with an annual payment option. General feedback has indicated that paying upfront for the year is a preferable option for a lot of businesses and freelancers that currently use Envato Elements.

We’ve recently migrated our subscription platform to one that allows for an annual payment plan which is why we’ve been able to release one now.

Why are WordPress templates only available on annual plans?

We made the decision to introduce WordPress under the annual plan only to protect our author community earnings. A huge amount of time and dedication goes into creating and maintaining a WordPress theme. We wanted to make sure authors were properly rewarded for their efforts and mitigate the risk of some people subscribing purely to download the entire library before cancelling their subscription.

Why would I use Envato Elements for WordPress over Envato Market?

The Envato Elements offering is designed to suit people that produce multiple creative projects and therefore have an ongoing need for web, design and stock assets. The content library has been curated to offer on trend quality designs that work together to help you complete projects quickly.

Envato Elements won’t be offering author support for any items. If you require direct assistance from a theme’s author you can purchase this from Envato Market. You’ll still have access to theme updates, security updates and bug fixes.

Are the items any different from Envato Market?

Yes, Envato Elements offers a premium selection of items available to customers on Envato Market, currently featuring over over 380,000 items. It’s important to note that while there is a lot of crossover between Envato Market and Envato Elements the offerings are significantly different. A subscription to Envato Elements does not grant you access to all of the items available across the seven Envato Marketplaces.

How many are there to choose from?

Currently 200+ themes and 100+ plugins with new items added regularly.

What’s the roadmap for WordPress on Envato Elements?

We currently have 200+ handpicked themes and 100+ plugins. We intend to grow this offering over time as new authors join Envato Elements, and our current author pool uploads more of their items.

Does the current discount apply to annual Envato Elements subscriptions that include WordPress?

Yes, annual subscriptions, which include access to all WordPress themes and plugins, are currently available at a discounted introductory price of $228. This works out to $19/month.

What kinds of customers is Envato Elements best for?

Envato Elements is for anyone that has an ongoing need for design, web and stock assets. We aim to be the ultimate creative asset subscription with everything you need to complete your projects for one low price.

What if I decide to cancel my annual subscription at any point, will I get a refund?

You can cancel your Envato Elements subscription at any time.

You will have access to Envato Elements until the day your next subscription payment was due to be billed. For example, if you cancel your monthly subscription 23 days before the next payment, you will still have access for another 23 days. If you cancel your annual subscription three months before your payment is due, you will still get access for another three months. We do not refund cancelled subscriptions.

After your subscription has lapsed you will only be able to use items which have been licensed for Project Use, for the project specified when it was licensed. Learn more here.

How do I contact the author of a WordPress theme I download from Elements if I have a question?

Author support is not offered as part of your Envato Elements subscription. We offer item support in the form of updates, security and bug fixes. If you require one to one support from an author directly you may be able to purchase this via Envato Market.

Can I use the same theme for multiple websites?

Yes, you’ll just need to visit your downloads and simply register it again for a different end use.

Highlights of the Envato Elements License:

• All items on Envato Elements have the same simple license terms.
  • Each time you download an item for a project, you get an ongoing license for a single, specified use. Want to use an item again? No problem! You can just register again for another project!
  • Some common-sense limitations do apply. You can’t re-sell, re-distribute, use in on-demand services, or merchandise items without adding value.
  • Future proof licensing, even if you unsubscribe: If you unsubscribe, you can’t download items from Envato Elements any more. But any existing uses that you registered are still covered. Now that’s peace of mind!
5 Likes

I was an early subscriber and have an introductory rate.

What happens to my rate after 1 year if I upgrade to annual?
Do I have an option to go back on monthly?
Will my rate be honored or will I lose it and go up to retail?

Thx

Hi there,

If you upgrade to annuals during the launch promo you’ll lock in that price for life. So as long as you renew your subscription each year you’ll keep the same discounted rate - like your monthly one. Yes you can always downgrade your subscription to monthly however you won’t have access to your old rate.
Thanks!

Great!

What will happen when a theme has a bug?
Who does customers have to contact?

Personally I think it’s a bit unfair to smaller businesses who can’t take a hit to the cash flow with the larger annual payment. The monthly payment is easy for me to manage and I have supported elements from the start but now I feel a bit pissed off as I was hoping you would add Wordpress some day but now I am being blackmailed into paying a larger amount to get access.

I think the way you should have launched this is for new subscribers to have to pay annually for the Wordpress but for current loyal subscribers on the monthly package they should get automatic access as we have supported you from the start.

8 Likes

If a Business cant not pay 230$ for all that, then it can not be called a Business, rather a hobby.

3 Likes

Here you are

In our opinion an WordPress theme without support = Zero

Q: How do you report a theme issue/error? On Elements or Envato Market? :slight_smile:

Imagine that you start a project with a WP theme from Envato Elements. When you almost complete the project with that theme you get some issues which needs to be solved by its author. This will create major delays on project completion until the author releases a new update for that particular theme(until it will be updated on Elements).

Purchasing the theme from Envato Market, after downloading it from Elements is a totally nonsense. Pay annual subscription + theme payment because of bad support policy on Elements.

:expressionless: :expressionless:

4 Likes

What an ignorant comment! A business may be in its early phases, with little or no cash yet. But it is still a business!

9 Likes

Hi guys. Please keep this discussion constructive and respectful - while you may have a different opinion on the pricing or value derived from a subscription, let’s not attack other people for sharing their opinions here.

3 Likes

I am a very early adopter and I didn’t like to see a new annual plan without any discount rate (I already pay $19/m).

When I arrived here, Elements hadn’t too much. I bought the idea, the faith in the product growth. Now, I see a maneuver to force early adopters to move for the new pricing range as we will not be able to go back to our $19/m plan if we need.

10 Likes

First of all thank you very much,
I have updated my membership.
For Wordpress plugins, we can get updates …
You know, plugins want purchase code …
How to solve this situation
Best regards
For example:

1 Like

I completely agree and I feel the same way. I supported Envato and the Elements product with hope that one day Wordpress items would be brought into the picture. To tell those of us who have been around since the beginning that we have to switch in order to access the Elements we have been waiting (and paying) for is ridiculous.

8 Likes

Exactly, I’m a member since august 2016 and I waited more than one year to use the WordPress themes and plugins and now I need pay one year subscription. Re-think the terms for old subscribers who bought the idea from the beginning!

10 Likes

People subscribing purely to download the entire library before cancelling their subscription.

So, this statement applies for everyone, including people who are sustaining this product since beginning, right?

OK. I have been paying for a long time even before the best additions (photos, web templates, cms templates, etc.) because I was just waiting for Wordpress themes, so I could download them all and quit.
Congratulations. You got me.

5 Likes

This feels like a scheme to force us to pay more money all at once. I’m an early adopter and pay $19 a month, but at the moment can’t afford to pay the entire yearly amount at once. I asked a rep whether wordpress items will come soon and they told me yes… They never specified there would be a catch to this as I am paying already to get these items. I’m not understanding why current subscribers cannot get access to these items. Please explain it to me and please don’t let the reason be “we just want more money from you now in case you decide to stop using the service later because we don’t refund canceled subscriptions.”

9 Likes

Hey @orenji, and thanks for the feedback.

We’ve made WP exclusive to annual plans to protect the earnings of the author community who make and maintain these items. It’s been determined as the best way to juggle the priorities of authors and customers, but I understand it won’t suit everybody.

2 Likes

As a first customer of your product I can’t help to feel abused with the new Lack of full access to account products based on your forcing an annual payment on me to have full access to my account now. Just hate to think of what else down the road you will make us do for future features. Let’s hope you will fix this issue with the first customers that helped your product grow.

9 Likes

“We made the decision to introduce WordPress under the annual plan only to protect our author community earnings.”

Well, and other CMS templates like Joomla, Shopify, etc?
The way of they work don’t is the same as WP theme authors do?

Sorry, I bought the Elements plan in the first month and paying all this time waiting WP themes on products list

But with this announcement, I’m thinking about if cancel my membership to monthly plan…
Not a good thing for all your users!

9 Likes