Introducing the DaVinci Resolve Category!

Hello!

I am very glad that the category of templates and macros for Davinci Resolve has appeared on Videohive, because I already sell content for DR on another marketplace platform and waited for it to appear, including Videohive platform.

However, are you aware of all the features of working with Davinci Resolve? This software is completely unlike the software from Adobe. Davinci Resolve is a very powerful software, but since it was not originally designed to create editable templates, it still has some details that are important to understand to check such templates to avoid errors.

Here is an example of one of the common mistakes of Davinci Resolve:
If you use media files from a media pool when creating a template in the Fusion tab, they will be assigned a unique “MediaID” and there are no problems with that when creating a template, but if you download and add this project to your project, you will get a “Media Offline” error because the assigned “MediaID” is confused inside the template when you import it into another project.

You can get around this problem by not adding media files from the “Media Poll” tab to Fusion, but instead placing them together with editable playlists in the “Edit” tab on the timeline and then compressing these files into “Fusion Clip”, and after these actions enter the Fusion tab and collect the project, because in this case media files are not assigned a unique “Media ID” and, accordingly, there is no “Media Offline” error when importing the project.

However, there is also a problem here! If you try to create a template bypassing this error and there are colored elements in your template for which you want to create “Color Control” via the “Edit” tab, you will not be able to do it in any way. But there is the following way out: create a template using the first method (in case you must have controllers for clients in your project), but show in the video tutorial attached to the project that when using a template, your project must be imported into the purchased template, but not vice versa! In this case, the “Media Offline” error will not occur.

For example! I have two transition templates for Davinci Resolve that are made using different methods! The first project (https://youtu.be/zagvX4kDLuI) is made using the second method, because it doesn’t have any color controllers for clients, and this project can be imported by the client into his project and it won’t cause any errors. But the second project (https://youtu.be/LpkPzdThrNs) provides that the client must have access to a simple change of color in the project, so it was forced to be created by the first method and in it is created “Color Control” through the tab “Edit”, which allows the client to easily change the main color in the project. However, if a client imports this project into a previously created project, an error “Media Offline” will occur, so in the video tutorial to this project, I show that it is necessary to import your project into the transition template, but not vice versa!

Oh… I got a huge message. However, I just wanted to say that it is possible to use Davinci Resolve, but so far, it has quite a lot of errors and limitations when creating and working with templates. This is very important to consider!

6 Likes