Installing Theme on Wordpress.org

When you say ‘breaking the site’ - in what way is it broken? What’s the link to the website?

Those were the words of the person I was chatting with from BlueHost. When I install those necessary plugins, the website is no longer functioning. He got rid of those plugins though so it’s working again. I can reinstall them so you can see if that would help you. Just let me know.
oliviahermosillo.com

Not sure I understand the issue. When you say it is ‘no longer functioning’ - what happens to it?

What version of PHP is the hosting using?

I do not know what version of PHP they are using.
This is what happens when I install that plug-in. I have to contact the hosting service to uninstall it in order for the site to work again.

Honestly, I don’t think your hosting company should have uninstalled the plugin. They should have looked into the error and fixed it.

You will need to get Visual Composer working before you can use the theme, so here are two different options I would recommend to get the theme working:

1. Use the free support that comes with your item:

The author of your theme provides free 6 months of support for issues with included plugins, and also has documentation on how to use/set up the theme. They’ll likely ask for FTP access and will try to resolve this issue on their own.

2. Debug this yourself:

BlueHost provides you with a control panel (cPanel, right?) - go to the file manager on there and locate the wp-config.php file at the root of your WordPress installation. Add the following line of code on its own line, below the <?php.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Save and then activate the plugin. You should see error details now, rather than Chrome’s 500 error page. You can discuss this error with your host, and if it’s server-related they will be able to work with you to fix it; otherwise, contact the author of the theme with the error for advice.

Be sure to remove the WP_DEBUG line from the wp-config once you’re finished.

In case of interest:

Am I able to get a refund? This is not worth the trouble. I messaged the author on Friday via the link you sent and have yet to hear back from them.

Hello, How do I go about getting a refund?

This is extremely time sensitive. Each minute my website is down, I’m at a disadvantage. I will be switching to SquareSpace once I get an answer as to how to get a refund. Please respond.

You can try but you won’t be able to get the refund just because you couldn’t install the theme. As I stated earlier, maybe you just need some ( paid ) support?

I was able to install the theme. There was an issue with the plugin hence the reason why I contacted the author of the theme. I messaged them on Friday and have yet to hear back from them. I am reporting them to Better Business Bureau.

If you’re not getting a response from the author despite still being in your support period, you’re definitely entitled to a refund.

• Open a refund request here: http://themeforest.net/refund_requests/new
  • The request will be sent to the author.
  • If the author does not respond to it within 5 days (allow until the end of the 5th day), a button should appear on the refund request page to open a dispute with Envato. Click that.

Keep in mind that authors are individual freelancers from around the world and not typically companies or businesses; as such they are merely human and sometimes may need a bit more time due to situations arising.

Tagging in the author @HighGrade.

Thanks!

Solve all questions from the very beginning through the author of the topic. He should help you with this question. But it’s almost like it’s a bigger problem than necessary for the template.