Installing Keynote Templates/Themes

I’m sure this is a simple solution, but although I’m a savvy user I can’t seem to resolve this. I’ve purchased two Keynote Themes, and after downloading the zip files, and stuck on how to get them recognized as Themes within Keynote. Could someone please point me to some easy installation tips? I’m using Mac OS 10.8.2, and the most recent version of Keynote.

Thanks!!

It seems that you want to import template to Keynote so that it’s viewable and selectable under Keynote theme chooser. There are two ways to do it:

1. Thirst one is simple: just copy package files KTH (if it's exist in package) from purchased item to system folder “/Library/Application Support/iWork/Keynote/Themes”
  2. The second way is well known: after you’re open KEY template, make sure you click on the “Save Theme” option instead of “Save” or “Save As,”. The path for your personalized created Keynote theme is “/Library/Application Support/iWork/Keynote/Themes”, while Keynote’s default themes are hidden deep within the app. Getting to it requires you to click right-click on the Keynote icon in the Applications folder and selecting “show package contents,” where they’ll be listed under /Resources/Themes.
After you’ve saved your newly created theme, it will be shown in Keynote’s theme chooser.
Think this helps you.

This is my first time importing a template as well. The one I purchased comes with three folders: Assets, Key Files, and KTH files. If I save the KTH files as you suggested, where do the other two folders go so that they are accessible within the presentation?

You should open files from the “Key Files” folder there must be whole complete templates. I guess KTH folder contain clear theme files and in Assets you have a graphics and pictures.

swanex said

You should open files from the “Key Files” folder there must be whole complete templates. I guess KTH folder contain clear theme files and in Assets you have a graphics and pictures.

Right, I opened it that way, and saved the theme in Keynote as you recommended above, and it now shows up in keynote as a theme. My only question is, what do I do with all this other stuff sitting on my desktop in a folder, the folder I downloaded also has an Assets folder. a KEY folder, and a KTH folder. Do I still need any of this stuff or can I delete it from my desktop now that I saved the theme? if I need it still, can I save it anywhere or does keynote need to access it from a specific location?

Generally, Keynote keep all stuff inside KEY file.
On good, you should ask this questions directly to the author of template :slight_smile:

swanex said

Generally, Keynote keep all stuff inside KEY file.
On good, you should ask this questions directly to the author of template :slight_smile:

Ok, I will delete all the other stuff that came along with it. Thanks, Kevin

How do I install theme in Keynote?

Hi there,
I just purchased a mac Keynote theme and downloaded it which created a .ZIP file.
However, for some reason I’m unable to unzip the file to access the files inside so that the theme can be installed on keynote themes…

Every time I double click the .ZIP file, it just creates a new .ZIP file with an added .CPGZ extention…

I need help, an anyone show me another way around this issue?

stellatsakiris said

How do I install theme in Keynote?

Hi there,
I just purchased a mac Keynote theme and downloaded it which created a .ZIP file.
However, for some reason I’m unable to unzip the file to access the files inside so that the theme can be installed on keynote themes…

Every time I double click the .ZIP file, it just creates a new .ZIP file with an added .CPGZ extention…

I need help, an anyone show me another way around this issue?

Probably you have incomplete download or got corrupted file. Follow this guide: http://osxdaily.com/2013/02/13/open-zip-cpgz-file/