InDesign export to SWF ->PAN ZOOM

Ok…I just purchased the pan zoom component…I am working in InDesign and just discovered how I can take a multipage document and export it to SWF. I have a book I want to post online and I like this function. BUT, I would like to provide the visitor the option to pan and zoom the text.

I thought I could just refer to the ID swf file in the xml path but I understand now I need to engage the zoom flash file.

Could someone hold my hand a bit and walk me through how I get all these together? BTW…I am not using the page curl feature but I do have buttons and page transitions for each page within the swf file.

Also, I do have the CS4 Suite but not very knowledgable in FLASH but with some basic directions and I could monkey around in there.

Thanks in advance.

hi , what can i do for you?
send me more info to my FD profile.
Best regards

OSX

Hi vegasphotog, I am not sure if you already did, but it is always better to ask the questions to the author as they know exact possibilities and limitations.

Hi vegasphotog, I am not sure if you already did, but it is always better to ask the questions to the author as they know exact possibilities and limitations.

Oh, ok…thanks I did not know the protocal here. But, it looks like you are the author - ZOOM / PAN CONTROLS - With Dynamic Image & Settings

Save the file from indesign as a high quality image file, like a PNG. I’mport that into flash and bring it to the stage, now export the flash as SWF and load that into the component you bought here. I dont know a lot with Flash, but I think that should work.

Thanks Mark for your reply…no, that will not work…my InDesign swf file is actually 20+ pages. So, I cannot reduce it to a single graphic-type file.

Ok…so, I created a blank AS3 fla file. I import my swf to the library and drag it out on to the stage. I also import the zoom.swf to the library and then out on to the stage. When I preview the screen fast forwards my InDesign swf and the screen flickers. So, I am guess I need to write some sort of action script and instance names which I do not understand very well.

vegasphotog, I received your email and I am replying there with help instructions.

I am having the same problem with my indesign swfs. Every time I try to preload it in flash or any other preloading application it loops repeatedly… Even with the stop actions. I did however find a forum with someone having the same problem

http://groups.google.com/group/macromedia.flash/browse_thread/thread/eabb56fd7f65b783

The solution seemed to work for him.

I’m not having much luck with it… Maybe someone can translate step by step.
Thanks

@TheFuture

Having the same problem but I cannot figure out where to put the ‘preloader’ code.

Any luck?